Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running across this recently, in the UK a very popluar newspaper published this. I've been doing some digging around as it has really intrigued me, especially as the VERY upper marker shop Harrods are stocking them.

Has anyone used Slendertone Face on here before?

Slendertone Official Site | Save on Ab Toners, Arm Toners, Bottom Toners and other electronic muscle toners directly from manufacturer

It would be interesting to know what peoples views are on non surgical facelifts. Mainly because of all the reviews and things I've heard people are convinced it doesn't work and others are convinced it does.

In this article the blogger says that her skin is feeling firmer?

The problem is that it does seem to be a bit of a blind alley, there isnt a massive case of "before and after pictures" available.

Opinions?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hey maybe look it up on makeupalley.com see waht people from all over rate it as before you spend for something that may or may not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Toning the facial muscles makes sense,but I wonder if you might not be encouraging wrinkles-afterall doesnt Botox work by paralysing the muscle?
If you are looking for valid before and after pictures,try Thermage.com.the procedure is once off,only done by qualified doctors,and works on tightening the skin and encouraging new collagen formation.It is a real treatment with FDA approval and scientific trials behind it.Plastic surgeaons and Drematologists do it,so the treatment is effective.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does seem to be a grey area. I just wonder if this one is the "holy grail" or something. Some of the comments I have seen have basically said that this thing is a miracle worker, just reading on their website that 90 odd percent of the test people said that they had firmer skin????

On other sites though, there are people saying that they have been using this technology for 30 years and that this is nothing new.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Ok Bubbles here I go babbling again, forgive me but I'm issuing you a challenge, you want firmer skin right?-----Try the stevia maks for a week and see if there is a difference or not... instead of spending a whole lot of $$$ . Try spending pennies instead. I can say this because I am the biggest penny-pincher I know!!!!!LOL!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I have bitten the bullet and have brought the Stevia Masks. I shall update you on my progress in a week (I'm on vacation from tommorrow
)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good I bet you are gonna luv it! I even got my mother on it- by golly I think she bought out the rest of Walmart's supply out here!!!! (like 3 bags of the stuff isn't enough! she's not a big woman!!!LOL!!!!!!!!) I hope you have a really good vacation: relax, have fun and by all means get SPOILED!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok 1st of all I had a great time with my family on vacation! We went to Italy for 2 weeks, I had always wanted to go and absolutely loved it. The food, the culture and the sighseeing were absolutely amazing!

2nd of all while I was away I have got the Stevia stuff and my word, improvement dot com!!! love it!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I've been running across this recently, in the UK a very popluar newspaper published this. I've been doing some digging around as it has really intrigued me, especially as the VERY upper marker shop Harrods are stocking them.

Has anyone used Slendertone Face on here before?

Slendertone Official Site | Save on Ab Toners, Arm Toners, Bottom Toners and other electronic muscle toners directly from manufacturer

It would be interesting to know what peoples views are on non surgical facelifts. Mainly because of all the reviews and things I've heard people are convinced it doesn't work and others are convinced it does.

In this article the blogger says that her skin is feeling firmer?

The problem is that it does seem to be a bit of a blind alley, there isnt a massive case of "before and after pictures" available.

Opinions?
I'm sure it would work like regular exercise and facial exercises. It would take some time to see results and you would need to continue doing it or your muscles would go back to where they were before. I would like one to wrap around my butt so I wouldn't have to exercise anymore.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
mony how has the stevia workef for you? i wish i could get it here in teh UK but seems we have to ship everything abroad, my postie and couriers never deliver to my house as i am not listed!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mony how has the stevia workef for you? i wish i could get it here in teh UK but seems we have to ship everything abroad, my postie and couriers never deliver to my house as i am not listed!!!
I am also in the UK but luckily I got it shipped over here, so far its been incredible. actually incredible, i can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has bought the slendertone face machine and if it really does work. It all seems to make sense, but it also seems very expensive. I'm new to this site and not really sure what to do after I post, but I guess I will find out. Thanks~!~

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You could try Amazon.com jasmin for stevia.

Non-surgical Facelift:
I would save my money on the Slendertone thing and try this for a month. It's free and I'm quite sure you would get the same if not better result.

With clean hands on a clean face without oil, you will be doing a series of exercises to tighten and tone the muscles of the face and scalp. The scalp will pull the muscles of the face taut as tho you had had a facelift.

Place your hands together, thumbs down and fingers facing toward you.
Place the fingers in front of your ears and temples, pulling the skin forward slightly.
Tighten the muscles in back of your scalp, and raise your eyebrows, trying to move your ears back against the pull of your fingers. Hold this for 10 counts and then release and relax. Repeat x 10. Do this every day. Gradually build up to 5 reps of 10 counts.

Holding your eyebrows in place, close your upper eyelids against the pull of your fingers. Hold for a count of 10. relax. Repeat 10 times.

Lea Eigard - Chin Up Facial Exercises

**Refer to link for instructions and credits. Lea Eigard follows a raw diet.**

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
thats a funny picture fawnie!!

thanks bubbles how long do the effects last and how long have you been doing it for?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hey Angel Hair let me see can I answer that one....hmm? yep I can! It's not so much how long it lasts it's culmulative. I think it lasts all day, but every day seems to get better and better. I don't do it every day, like I should but I do it twice a week and just love what it does.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I noticed that 'skin doctors'.do a facelift cream ,i hav,nt bought it yet,but i,m tempted? .
Seems very expensive though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was wondering if anyone has bought the slendertone face machine and if it really does work. It all seems to make sense, but it also seems very expensive. I'm new to this site and not really sure what to do after I post, but I guess I will find out. Thanks~!~
Well I was going to use it after hearing amazing recommendations myself, but I found I couldnt quite afford it.

Since I started this thread however, a close friend of mine actually stumped up the cash, and she told me a few days ago how amazing she felt, but I guess it's hit & miss for everyone

As for the stevia masks,

3 words.

I Feel Great

1 - 20 of 23 Posts