Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for people who have used the NU SKIN galvanic spa system. Any thoughts on this system and product?
I started using the spa system and like it but as the product runs out I wonder how much it is really doing for me? I have seen these new anti aging lines..listed below that I am interested in, just not sure what really works/best for $$$. I know they all run about the same, high$$$. I am 43 with lots of sun damage . Thanks for any input!

Also, CellCeutical's and lastly the Jan Marini product line.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Welcome. Tretinoin (retin-a) is best for the money.
Can be bought for very cheap. Search around here. It's super popular.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
mslyn
I've been using the Galvanic Spa by Nuskin for about 2 months now and am just starting to see results in smoothing of lines. I've asked myself the same, "could I just as easily use other serums with this thing?" The Nuskin serums do contain good ingredients that aren't found elsewhere, but you can use other serums with the machine as long as they are "charged" to work with the current. From what I have read, plain olive oil will not work. These serums are reportedly OK to use with it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SBC-Collagen-Gel...item33531b800e

Let me know your progress too if you decide to go with it! I haven't used Jan Marini nor CellCeuticals, sorry. MakeupAlley.com has a product review section that is helpful.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Nuskin serums do contain good ingredients that aren't found elsewhere, but you can use other serums with the machine as long as they are "charged" to work with the current
I have been reading up on Miracle Soap II. It sounds and even looks wonderful. Have you read the bio of the founder?
I am going to check out the review site you gave me, thanks a bunch and I will keep you posted on the GS

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have been reading up on Miracle Soap II. It sounds and even looks wonderful. Have you read the bio of the founder?
I am going to check out the review site you gave me, thanks a bunch and I will keep you posted on the GS
Thanks for the info about the Miracle Soap II mslyn! When I have a bit more time I will look into it, but briefly it looks like something similar to Dr Bronner's idea.

The thing about the ingredients being infused with prayer is nice, but not sure if it belongs on a commercial product, do you? I'm sure it is a subtle thing, could work, please let me know what you think of it if you get it! I'm not adverse to New Agey stuff at all!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fawnie, I am wondering if you use your GS on different body parts with good results? I have only done my face and it does make it smoother and more hydrated. I get compliments from time to time from people that know faces and complexions. So, it must be doing something right. As I search for other *miracles* I wonder why I can't be satisfied with the GS system. The machine wasn't cheap and I hope to explore more with it. Thanks for all your input, it is helpful

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Miracles? I wish!! I think the GS does work, but it depends on what serum you use with it. The principle is sound: Iontophoresis pushes a charged solution across the skin barrier into the deeper layers. So whatever the solution is, that's the key.

I've just started to see results from it, and it's been about 2 months, so be patient! If you are seeing results and getting compliments that's a good sign!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hi Fawnie are you just using this on your skin at the moment and not the derma roller or Baby Q, im just wondering cause so far i have not a bought a skin care gadget but i am thinking of buying one, mainly for helping with pores, so am just wondering how these are working out for you, thanks!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I rotate my gadgets around until I find the right combination of products to gadgets.

The Nuskin GS is my current favorite, but using it is tricky. I burned myself by leaving it too long in one place or going over the same place too often. The skin does seem to be healthier underneath, but I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work!

I would say hold off on the BabyQ - there are other more advanced LED products coming out and they may be something better. I don't know.

Dermaroller I use sometimes but not regularly really.

I don't use the GS anywhere but my face, neck and chest. It comes with a gel and head for cellulite, but I'm not interested in that.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks fawnie my main problem seems to be my pore area at then mo, i know that some people say that this is an indication that the product is working for you, but its still not very nice to see, i think my eye lines are slowly getting better, but some days they are still look bleeping awful too, im looking into new eye creams at the mo!!

May be il have a look at the derma roller for myself i think this might be the better option for myself, just need to look at the products again at some point!

How often do you use your green cream on you neck, chest i also put my one on my hands but so far am only putting on my neck area once a week and chest and hands about twice, is this two little? Im putting GC lev 6 on alternate nights on my face and then lev 3 on the rest of me!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
NY
I switched back to Retin-A Micro 0.04% every night. My skin gets bored if I use the same thing all the time so I switch every few months.

The Dermaroller can be very irritating if your skin is sensitive! Maybe something gentler would help you, like BabyQ or another LED device....just a suggestion!

How's the trip to USA coming along for you??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The dermo gave me diifferin 0.1 to use to this is what i have been using on alternate nights at the moment, im hoping on my next visit she will give me micro retin!

Is once a week enough do you think to put GC on my neck, and twice on my hands and chest or could i put GC on my hands and chest every night ya think?

My skin was only slightly sensative before has def becoming far more sensative since using GC though!

Il look into the led device, just think it might be a lot of money to spend on something that may or may not work, i know there are definatly many mixed opinions about led devices out there! Cant do me any harm to look around though!

Thanks for the advice fawnie, much appreciated as usual, you have def given me something to think about!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Galvanic Spa is great because it uses a positive and negative ionic poles to clean out debris from your pores and also help your products penetrate better following use.

I believe any product you use in conjuction with this unit will work BETTER and more EFFECTIVELY.

Good luck in your product search.

Have you tried IPL (intense pulsed light) for your sun damage? I perform treatments on face/neck and hands. It takes 2-3 treatments for it to improve completely. Sun damage spots get darker before coming off and it also gets rid of red small veins. You feel a zapping but not too bad. Treatments are between $100-300 a session.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Galvanic Spa is great because it uses a positive and negative ionic poles to clean out debris from your pores and also help your products penetrate better following use.

I believe any product you use in conjuction with this unit will work BETTER and more EFFECTIVELY.

Good luck in your product search.

Have you tried IPL (intense pulsed light) for your sun damage? I perform treatments on face/neck and hands. It takes 2-3 treatments for it to improve completely. Sun damage spots get darker before coming off and it also gets rid of red small veins. You feel a zapping but not too bad. Treatments are between $100-300 a session.
I have had the *yag* skin tightening done several times. I believe it worked back then (hurt really bad tho). I also had it done on some leg veins that worked also. Is that the same as the IPL/ I think not and it isnt what was suggested to me, but maybe at the time my saggy skin was more of an issue than sun damage? I am going to make another consultation and see what my next move is. I saw my face on a web cam and am not liking what I saw, at all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts