Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and can't say enough about how informative this forum is. I am learning so much from all of your posts.

I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem. I just had a baby six weeks ago and although my stomach is almost back to my pre-pregnancy size, the skin is SIGNIFICANTLY darker than the rest of my body. I'm AA with a light brown skin tone (I guess) but this area is now almost black. I read that this darkening during pregnancy tends to be a pretty normal and initially I though I could wait a few months to see if it changed back on its own but the difference is really very stark and it's frustrating me to see it every day.

Since I'm breast-feeding I don't want to use anything with harsh chemicals so I did a search online and came across a number of articles on "nut grass" however, I could not find any reviews on any products with nut grass. I did find a few sites selling the nut grass root but I'm not sure how to use it so I'm hesitant to purchase.

Have any of you heard of this or used a product containing nut grass. Or can you recommend a natural product to lighten my stomach area.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi Babyskin

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're finding it informative. It is strue that this happens to some women, It happened to me but it lightened on its own over the course of the next couple of years. As for Nut grass root, I've never heard of it. Don;t be fooled by the word 'natural' though. Many natural things can actually cause a miscarriage or pass into your milk & do harm. I'd suggesst just focusing on yourself & baby right now & taking a wait & see approach. Mother Nature might just erase this on her own as your hormones return to their pre-pregnancy state. If, AFTER you're through nursing, it is still there, THEN begin looking for solutions. Many 'natural' things (many essential oils) contain enough ketones in a small bottle to kill an adult! It is not worth the risk. Often, natural things have not been subjected to the same rogorous testing drugs are subjected to. Please be careful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ondine!!! You're right about some "natural" things possible being harmful so I will heed your cautions and will wait until I'm done breast feeding. I was pretty dutiful about moisturizing the area during my pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks (YAY!!!) so I'm going to continue with the moisturizing and hopefully that will help it to revert back more quickly. In the meantime I'll continue reading the forum so that if I do need to do something later, I'll be up to speed on the methods ;-) Thanks again!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts