Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
is the obagi nu derm system affective without using RA, my face cannot tolerate RA.. im interested In purchasing the line 
RA does help in reducing hyperpigmentation but it also makes your skin significantly more sensitive to the sun. Obagi is doable without using RA it will just take you much longer/harder to get noticeable results. You don't have to use RA every night, a few times a week is good, even if you have to buffer it.

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Onuse the gel. But I switched percentages after my dermatologist suggested it and the oiliness decreased. I don't know the exact science behind it but it worked.
there isn't any oil in the gel version where as there is in the cream version. Retin A Micro is the best in my opinion ;) less harsh than all the others as it's time released.

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Lol yes am using obagi. I stopped for two months and got the worst acne of my life cystic and the whole 9 yards. So I had to jump back on it with retin a. I was searching for a natural lightener. My problem with hq based anything is that somehow I feel it still gets Into my blood stream. I feel so because I have dark knickles and I only use hq on my face then wash my hands before my kA lightener. Or maybe am just doomed with dark knickles. To cut a long story short I went back to obagi and retin a. The effects are yet to kick in but will do so probably by the next month. As for the waist training. Hehehhe I have not worn my corset in over five months. Yes I know. And to top it off am thinking of getting a waist cincher from some lady in France. I think I can easily wear that without people asking if I am breast feeding or pregnant. I have been too relaxed recently about My skin ao am about to get back to being serious. I purchased quite a bit of glutathione liposomal but never followed through. I hate to have to work hard at something so trivial. But this am I decided that if I paid all that money for it I might as well take it and finish it before making anymore purchases.
I can't agree with you more!! I know, sometimes you fall off the wagon, but it's ok, you will get back on and into a routine like you once were. Its just like riding a bike :thumbsup: Obagi/RA works and helps so much for those who suffer with acne. Litaamust have you ever considered medication for your acne? Even a simple antibiotic and a topical will help wonders.

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Just discovered hg is been replaced with arburtin in Nu-Derm system. Wondering if is still going to be as effective as before.
I don't see anywhere where they mention replacing HQ with arbutin?? You can go to the Obagi site and view the ingredients.............

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
my products came in and they are still the same ingredients. Thanks heavens but will still be on the look out
I was hoping you would say this Litaamust.........thank you!! :icon_cheers:
Saw it on lovey skin.com. maybe they did that for people that needs to be on it for a long duration of time. Thus replace the hq to arbutin only in the entire system.
I always check out the product site itself, if I still don't see the answer I'm looking for, I will email them to ask. In this case..........all is well. Obagi is still the same no ingredient changes :thumbsup:

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Hello @ Gymrat & litaamust, sorry for my late reply. Was bussy over weekend. Went to to check the site again, just discovered that they still carry the original formula 100%. But there are new formulation with arburtin. You even have the choice to make your priduct alcohol free during ordering process. I guess they are catering to their customers wish without compromising the effectiveness of the product.
Please share the link from where you are reading this information .........

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
hehehehhehe i am happy to know that lol. I love those products. I discovered that using obagi without taking vitamin c supplements or at least using a serum is not a good idea. vit c is the key for getting the perfect result. And to think i have been using it all these time without it :club:  
I am a faithful Vit C taker and user........glad you are too now, better late than never!

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
So sorry for my late reply again. This is the reason why I hardly contribute because of time restrictions/schedule. Gymrat & Litaamust, if go to www.lovely skin.com. click on obagi Nu-derm fx, stater set. It will explain it all. I dont mind to be corrected if it otherwise. I am looking forward to purchase it once I get enough reviews on the effectiveness. My face doesn take hq well.
You are referring to Obagi Nu Derm FX !! Gotcha..........:thumbsup: It isn't new.........but yes it doesn't contain HQ. You were throwing me for a loop there for awhile. Thanks for clarifying, that's where the confusion is, you are referring to the FX system!!

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
I realized that retin a alone is not gone do the job for my skin. After searching the forum and Google for some HQ4% for about 3 days I finally came across Obagi and most of u have been saying great! Things about it so I think im gonna try out the whole system. Tired of my face being so dark when I'm practically light skinned on my hands and inner arms compared to my face!!!! Gotta be like a 3-4 shade difference ...Hope i get results like u guys
Great to see you Longway :wavey: If you are going to start Obagi, promise me you will use a good sunscreen. Obagi is an awesome line, but sunscreen is a MUST HAVE through the process.....:sunshine:

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Hey, Hey there thanks gymmie... U know u taught me well... I definitely will be using burnout!!! However burnout leaves a slight white cast since my face is so dark. So I was wondering do you know anything about EltaMD UV Daily Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 sunscreen that has 9% zinc or Obagi sun screen with like 10% zinc. I need something that won't leave a white cast but will protect me for short rides like from work to home which is 15 minutes away. And from home to church and back home. Do you trust anything with 9 or 10% zinc oxide that will cover me for really short rides if I practice strict SAP until hopefully i lighten enough to be able to wear products with 18%+ zinc oxide without looking like a ghost!
:love: I was hoping you'd remember my preaching ;) Obagi SS contains a higher % than EltaMD, ......the higher the zinc the better your protection. Longway, have you tried Burnouts newest formula?? Face/Body?? I believe you have the Eco Sensitive version don't you?? If so, you need to get your hands on their new version. It won't leave you with a white cast..........I promise!! 18.6% of pure heaven (zinc) :cloud9: https://www.burnoutsun.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=14 So excited to see how you do with Obagi :five:

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
2nd day of Obagi. Do you do all the steps back to back? You don't have to wait 20 minutes with this system after the toner to continue the regime since you typically have to wait 20 min after washing your face to apply RA when you do step 5 (blender mixed with Ra)?
I didn't wait a certain time in between, I just made sure each step penetrated, before moving onto the next. Don't make it more complicated than what it already is, is my motto :five: can't wait to hear how things work for you Longway And YES, I think you will be happy with Burnouts newest creation :sunshine:

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Ok thanks Gymrat..didn't kno u did Obagi too...but im looking forward to the results also.Just got my burnout...will let u kno
You know it :thumbsup: I did Obagi before and after taking Accutane. You will like it Longway as long as you are consistent, and I have no doubt you will be. Do yourself a favor, and take a picture of your skin today and then once you are halfway through your products and then again at the end. Because you see yourself on a daily basis it makes it hard to recognize what you are really accomplishing. It will help you to look back and go WOW ok, maybe I am getting somewhere. Can't wait to hear what you think about Burnout as well. Best of luck to you with your new routine!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts