Skin Care Talk banner

861 - 880 of 915 Posts

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Ok thanks Gymrat..didn't kno u did Obagi too...but im looking forward to the results also.Just got my burnout...will let u kno
You know it :thumbsup: I did Obagi before and after taking Accutane. You will like it Longway as long as you are consistent, and I have no doubt you will be. Do yourself a favor, and take a picture of your skin today and then once you are halfway through your products and then again at the end. Because you see yourself on a daily basis it makes it hard to recognize what you are really accomplishing. It will help you to look back and go WOW ok, maybe I am getting somewhere. Can't wait to hear what you think about Burnout as well. Best of luck to you with your new routine!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great!!! :) will do...few questions...how long did 1 kit last for you? I'm getting a ton of different answers over the internet. Did you use 1 kit or multiple back to back kits before you took your breaks? and lastly did you wean off the program or stop at once?
You know it :thumbsup: I did Obagi before and after taking Accutane. You will like it Longway as long as you are consistent, and I have no doubt you will be. Do yourself a favor, and take a picture of your skin today and then once you are halfway through your products and then again at the end. Because you see yourself on a daily basis it makes it hard to recognize what you are really accomplishing. It will help you to look back and go WOW ok, maybe I am getting somewhere. Can't wait to hear what you think about Burnout as well. Best of luck to you with your new routine!!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
It should last you 3-4 months depending on how much you use. Cleanser I alway seemed to run out of first. And, nope, no breaks taken.........gymrats don't believe in breaks :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Also, I have been using obagi on and off for about 8 months. I noticed the kit includes a product called exoderm. My derm did not include this in and I am wondering what it is for and whether it is worth trying. I currently us the cleanser, toner, vit c serum, clear blender and sunshield (spf 50). I plan to purchase online and I found that my derm charges me 3 times the price it goes for online and I'm just trying to figure out what to get. Thanks!
Exforderm is a daily exfoliating cream to be used in the mornings, it helps smoothen out the skin. If you are a beginner or have sensitive skin, use the exforderm but if you are used to the system or have normal skin, use the exforderm forte(stronger), it helps, you should use it along the system and see if it adds any difference.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The exfoderm is an exfoliater. Helps exfoliate your skin and remove the dead skin cells. If you getting good lightening results without it then maybe Retin a is doing a really good job helping your skin renew itself if your using that with the blender at night. I would think exfoderm what an important step though. Do you plan on buying the whole kit or just that step?
I really like Obagi and I keep trying other products but always seem to end up back with Obagi. I am at the point where I am looking to stick with obagi for the long term. However, I have the following 2 concerns: - Hydroquinone immunity. I am really concerned about waking up one day and finding out that I am immune to hydroquinone and that obagi no longer works for me. Is there any way to avoid this? I know that it is advised to take breaks from hq and use natural lighteners for a few months and I have tried this but the problem is when I go back on Obagi my skin needs a full month to adjust to it and I have to deal with all that peeling and redness all over again and I don't want to have to deal with that too often - Second is how do you get your body to match you face. Obagi lightens my face soooo much. My face is 5-6 shades lighter than my body.  Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
128 Posts
@Longway, 1kit will last you about 3months but you will run out of the cleanser/toner......I know I did,I wash my face twice a day.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks chocolatey....u used? How did you Iike it if so? I think Imma go about 3-4 months. Wean off wait bout 3-4 months and then do another round ...
@Longway, 1kit will last you about 3months but you will run out of the cleanser/toner......I know I did,I wash my face twice a day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks chocolatey....u used? How did you Iike it if so? I think Imma go about 3-4 months. Wean off wait bout 3-4 months and then do another round ...
I did,in fact just got a new supply yesterday along with other goodies from HT26, hands down my time on Obagi is the best I ever saw my face I was glowing so much,it was perfect, I finished the 18weeks and had to take a break, I was still buying and using the toner and face wash till date,my face was skin smooth and flawless till I started trying different other products with a bid to maintain..... Tell you what ! I then bought another kit but from a different site and it was even making me darker, there is fake Obagi, I had to stop it and it's still in my drawer, so fast forward to today I've ordered from the former site I first got from, a registered dermatologist, and started last night, my plan is to do another round then try to maintain with white essence(HT26). I plan to be using it once in a while, after a couple of months just to spice things up a bit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Everyone loves it. I'm excited. I hope I get the results you guys get. Did you use it for sun damage? I too need to look for a product to maintain my results. Might look into the product you mentioned. Or check out G&G...heard that's good for maintaining
I did,in fact just got a new supply yesterday along with other goodies from HT26, hands down my time on Obagi is the best I ever saw my face I was glowing so much,it was perfect, I finished the 18weeks and had to take a break, I was still buying and using the toner and face wash till date,my face was skin smooth and flawless till I started trying different other products with a bid to maintain..... Tell you what ! I then bought another kit but from a different site and it was even making me darker, there is fake Obagi, I had to stop it and it's still in my drawer, so fast forward to today I've ordered from the former site I first got from, a registered dermatologist, and started last night, my plan is to do another round then try to maintain with white essence(HT26). I plan to be using it once in a while, after a couple of months just to spice things up a bit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Everyone loves it. I'm excited. I hope I get the results you guys get. Did you use it for sun damage? I too need to look for a product to maintain my results. Might look into the product you mentioned. Or check out G&G...heard that's good for maintaining
My skin wasn't too bad to start with, just after my last kid, I wasn't feeling my face at all, had a few spots from pregnancy induced breakouts, I just wanted to lighten generally.....i a'int gonna go on and on about sun damage, I wanted a brighter look. It would help you for sun damage. G and G is a very nice cream too for maintenance if you can get the legit one, I decided to go with white essence since I can buy directly from the manufacturers and not bother about fakes and of course I got convinced by @ Omodaddy progress too.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well my face is pretty bad and my neck isn't too far behind. So I hope to get results. But as far as G&G goes, you haven't check the forum for a legit spot? I'm sure they know one. I thought they said something about some place called paks when I was in a G&G thread. U might want to check. But whenever works I'm gonna get it.
My skin wasn't too bad to start with, just after my last kid, I wasn't feeling my face at all, had a few spots from pregnancy induced breakouts, I just wanted to lighten generally.....i a'int gonna go on and on about sun damage, I wanted a brighter look. It would help you for sun damage. G and G is a very nice cream too for maintenance if you can get the legit one, I decided to go with white essence since I can buy directly from the manufacturers and not bother about fakes and of course I got convinced by @ Omodaddy progress too.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Does anybody that has sun damage and uses the Obagi system use the hydrate lotion? I'm so used to using lotion after washing my face. But I haven't used the hydrate because I don't want to hinder Chances of making progress..

·
Registered
994 Posts
The hydrate will not hinder your progress. They all work to compliment one another. And helps to calm your skin especially when the tretinoin starts working. I just don't use it often because my skin is oily
Does anybody that has sun damage and uses the Obagi system use the hydrate lotion? I'm so used to using lotion after washing my face. But I haven't used the hydrate because I don't want to hinder Chances of making progress..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks malikacel... My skin is oily too so it doesn't get dried out but there are certain lil patches of dry skin like around my mouth and my chin area...I use it sparingly on those areas but I dry not to if I can help it
The hydrate will not hinder your progress. They all work to compliment one another. And helps to calm your skin especially when the tretinoin starts working. I just don't use it often because my skin is oily

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey chocolatey its going pretty good for the most part.It's helping with my acne pop ups... Not really getting anything. And if I do it goes away really quick. Seems like 3 days at most. I see a little ligthening in certain areas of my face. But I also have areas like my cheeks and the left side of my face by my ear that somewhat look like they are more noticeable so there may have been overall lightening over my entire face...I'm wondering if I should have just focused on those problematic areas first for bout a month or 2 before doing my entire face. I'm Having some dry areas. Most of them I can deal with the flakey skin but some days around my mouth and my chin area get really bad, so I do apply the hydrate lotion occasionally while I'm at work if it's too bad... The bad part is I unfortunately have some type of burn/scar on my hair line. It's the shape of my widows peak, so when hair grows over the scar I grab my hair liners and knock the little hair that's forms the widows peak. Well my hair liners got kinda dull so sometimes while I'm trying to make sure I knock off every strand of hair I sometimes press too hard against the scar and it reopens it. Well I opened the scar and then before I let it heal i used the Obagi system and I believe the HQ disrupted the healing process, so the skin in that area grew back in white. So I have this white decent sized circle sittin in right underneath my hairline... Ugghhhh!!!!! Looks so dumb to me... Smh
Hi Longway, how is it going with your Obagi?

861 - 880 of 915 Posts