Skin Care Talk banner

881 - 900 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
chocolatey nice very nice transformation in G&G thread chocolate ...beautiful!!! And inspirational... Did u use Obagi on face & neck? Sorry to hear white essence didn't work out 4 u...hope u find some authentic G&G or something to replace it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey chocolatey its going pretty good for the most part.It's helping with my acne pop ups... Not really getting anything. And if I do it goes away really quick. Seems like 3 days at most. I see a little ligthening in certain areas of my face. But I also have areas like my cheeks and the left side of my face by my ear that somewhat look like they are more noticeable so there may have been overall lightening over my entire face...I'm wondering if I should have just focused on those problematic areas first for bout a month or 2 before doing my entire face. I'm Having some dry areas. Most of them I can deal with the flakey skin but some days around my mouth and my chin area get really bad, so I do apply the hydrate lotion occasionally while I'm at work if it's too bad... The bad part is I unfortunately have some type of burn/scar on my hair line. It's the shape of my widows peak, so when hair grows over the scar I grab my hair liners and knock the little hair that's forms the widows peak. Well my hair liners got kinda dull so sometimes while I'm trying to make sure I knock off every strand of hair I sometimes press too hard against the scar and it reopens it. Well I opened the scar and then before I let it heal i used the Obagi system and I believe the HQ disrupted the healing process, so the skin in that area grew back in white. So I have this white decent sized circle sittin in right underneath my hairline... Ugghhhh!!!!! Looks so dumb to me... Smh
Yes dear, tnx,Oagi is what worked mostly for my face, alongside LA peels too. You need to be patient with it as I went through like 3 sets,after you reach the 16/18 weeks( don't remember how long) program, you take a break Don't focus on any area so you don't have uneven lightening, however I noticed I had 2 patches around my mouth getting way lighter than the rest of my face so I rubbed everywhere except there and allowed it to blend in before I continued with that area As for the dry areas,it is recommended to dab the hydrate on those areas and also you can cut back on using retin A/ retinol with your blender, I used to skip the days I used my retinol with my blender and even the exforderm depending on how my face felt. Sorry about your scar from picking out your hair.....well my advice is STOP IT! I can imagine how it feels, go easy dear......and Goodluck.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey wasup guys. After being on obagi for about a month. I Walked past my mom and she asked me "what you been puttin on yo face, yo face gettin lighter?" So I know the obagi is working. I've had this sun damage for so long I feel kinda weird with the lighter skin that I achieved already and it's only been a little over a month lol. Also, I read that Obagi selectively targets melanocytes that have an accelerated production of tyronsinase, which stimulates melanin product. So, it doesn't bleach (or whatever word your prefer to use since some say bleaching is a misnomer) all melanocytes evenly, only your over active ones.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hey wasup guys. After being on obagi for about a month. I Walked past my mom and she asked me "what you been puttin on yo face, yo face gettin lighter?" So I know the obagi is working. I've had this sun damage for so long I feel kinda weird with the lighter skin that I achieved already and it's only been a little over a month lol. Also, I read that Obagi selectively targets melanocytes that have an accelerated production of tyronsinase, which stimulates melanin product. So, it doesn't bleach (or whatever word your prefer to use since some say bleaching is a misnomer) all melanocytes evenly, only your over active ones.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nope gymrat didn't say a word to nobody. I wanted to see if anyone noticed and she surely did :) Ok great! So I guess the delivery system of it does target only the areas it's supposed to. Or at least that's what it sounds like. Great to hear. Will be a lot easier to apply now.
Awwhh mama's know best :five: you didn't spill the beans to her?? I applied all over. I too had some areas darker than others and my Derm said apply like you would any other product you use........and I did :bath:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wish I would have known I could use vitamin c serum with obagi!!! I would have purchased nancis ncn vitamin c serum. Do you use it after the toner in the morning?
hehehehhehe i am happy to know that lol. I love those products. I discovered that using obagi without taking vitamin c supplements or at least using a serum is not a good idea. vit c is the key for getting the perfect result. And to think i have been using it all these time without it :club:  

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Nope gymrat didn't say a word to nobody. I wanted to see if anyone noticed and she surely did :) Ok great! So I guess the delivery system of it does target only the areas it's supposed to. Or at least that's what it sounds like. Great to hear. Will be a lot easier to apply now.
LOL that's funny, ......what mama don't know won't hurt her ;) I always told myself that anyways. And as long as I wasn't doing anything illegal then all was well :thumbsup: And to be honest, I don't share the products I use even with my closest girlfriends. It's just the way I am. I feel what I do, is my own business. Probably why I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't care what they are doing, and they shouldn't care what I'm doing :icon_cheers: Yep, your correct, Obagi isn't going to leave you having a variety of tones. Things will even out for you. Apply it all over like you would a cleanser.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Im the same way gymrat ... I don't really do the social media either. And I don't share my products neither. Thought I was the only 1 but I guess not :twirl: :D I say by month 3-4 I'm really gonna be light! Or back to my original skin tone rather. Gotta start applying it to my neck now! Now I just gotta find a way to maintain the shade once I reach it.
LOL that's funny, ......what mama don't know won't hurt her ;) I always told myself that anyways. And as long as I wasn't doing anything illegal then all was well :thumbsup: And to be honest, I don't share the products I use even with my closest girlfriends. It's just the way I am. I feel what I do, is my own business. Probably why I'm not a huge fan of social media. I don't care what they are doing, and they shouldn't care what I'm doing :icon_cheers: Yep, your correct, Obagi isn't going to leave you having a variety of tones. Things will even out for you. Apply it all over like you would a cleanser.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh. Ok. Thought you took the supplements and used the serum. I heard a couple people say they used the serum though. I'm going to look into it because if we are able to I surely will do. Not tryna overload but if I can do vit c along with the system I'm going to.
yup
I only take the pills dear

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok. And there serum is kinda expensive too so if I do decide to get a serum imma go with something a lot cheaper. Also, I was thinking that maybe I can't use the la peels during the break. I'm going to have to try something else other than la peels for the simple fact I have sun damage and if I don't use a melanin inhibitor my sun damaged skin will start to reappear shortly after I stop obagi right?
Hey hey! Yeah when they start noticing is when you know ya doing it right. I had 2 lighter patches above my mouth area that I noticed when using Obagi, I had to avoid applying it on the spots so it could blend with my face. Obagi lightens you evenly however you can omit to apply on the spots some days so it doesn't get lighter before the rest of your face catches up..........don't forget to take a break at the end of the program, you can do peels while on break too. I need to get me some Vitamin C serum...planning to make some or buy from MUAC,btw I didn't like Obagi C serum, gave it to the DH. Stay focused and shine on....Ciao!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well I jus now looked at a pic from last year in October, then some pics when I first started obagi and a pic after 1.5 months on obagi. I didn't realize how much Obagi had changed my skin. My sister noticed I lightened. Mom ex boyfriend told her he had to do a double take when he was ridin down the street and passed my house to make sure it was me cuz I was "lookin all light skin" lol. 1 of the barbers called me light skin too yesterday at the shop by the way. I know this is like a 18-24 week program and my skin is not perfect now but it is a heck of a lot better. I don't think I want to go much lighter, if any lighter at all. I already feel kind of funny with this lighter skin. I'm just not used to it yet I guess. I still have dark areas on my face but those areas aren't as bad as they were. I think I'm about ready to start weaning off of HQ and using something that will just maintain my complexion. Any suggestions? Or do you guys think since I've only been on for 1.5 I should Do a maintaining regime with the HQ for a little while and then later switch to something else to maintain?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have never ever done a full course of obagi nuderm because by the time am in for a few weeks am the colour of Michael Jackson the whiteness becomes too embarrassing on the it looks like am wearing a white mask. Finishing the whole course is the key to success but not many black skinned people can tolerate it. It's less noticeable on white people. Anyway after the few weeks I reduce to once or twice a week and for a few weeks I just stop and use maxi white serum or something and vitamin c. This gives it high yellow. But my face has never gone back to dark unless i start the use of their tretinoin. The creaminess of the skin is very delicious though!
Well I jus now looked at a pic from last year in October, then some pics when I first started obagi and a pic after 1.5 months on obagi. I didn't realize how much Obagi had changed my skin. My sister noticed I lightened. Mom ex boyfriend told her he had to do a double take when he was ridin down the street and passed my house to make sure it was me cuz I was "lookin all light skin" lol. 1 of the barbers called me light skin too yesterday at the shop by the way. I know this is like a 18-24 week program and my skin is not perfect now but it is a heck of a lot better. I don't think I want to go much lighter, if any lighter at all. I already feel kind of funny with this lighter skin. I'm just not used to it yet I guess. I still have dark areas on my face but those areas aren't as bad as they were. I think I'm about ready to start weaning off of HQ and using something that will just maintain my complexion. Any suggestions? Or do you guys think since I've only been on for 1.5 I should Do a maintaining regime with the HQ for a little while and then later switch to something else to maintain?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Malikacel...your face goes back dark if you stop using their tretinoin or start using their tretinoin? I think I'm going to reduce the usage starting tomorrow and only apply daily to the dark areas so that they catch up.
I have never ever done a full course of obagi nuderm because by the time am in for a few weeks am the colour of Michael Jackson the whiteness becomes too embarrassing on the it looks like am wearing a white mask. Finishing the whole course is the key to success but not many black skinned people can tolerate it. It's less noticeable on white people. Anyway after the few weeks I reduce to once or twice a week and for a few weeks I just stop and use maxi white serum or something and vitamin c. This gives it high yellow. But my face has never gone back to dark unless i start the use of their tretinoin. The creaminess of the skin is very delicious though!

·
Registered
994 Posts
After taking a longish break. Tretinoin or any retin a use temporarily a shade because the skin becomes taut getting ready to peel. As in any peeling process. This is what I av observed. It's nothing major its just withered skin and the nice fresh skin comes through within 2 weeks in my case.
Malikacel...your face goes back dark if you stop using their tretinoin or start using their tretinoin? I think I'm going to reduce the usage starting tomorrow and only apply daily to the dark areas so that they catch up.

·
Registered
334 Posts
O ok. I want to use my retin a daily hoping that it will get rid of the sun damage and so that I can possibly stop using lightening products altogether and just use retin and brightening products to maintain.

·
Registered
877 Posts
It seems Obagi doesn't work as well as it used to. If I didn't purchase from a dermatologist I would have thought it fake. Previously while on Obagi my face used to get so white but now it's taking a long time to work. Maybe it's because I took some time off from it and went back because of massive breakouts. Secondly Obagi works better with retin a more than with tazorac.

·
Registered
334 Posts
How long were u on the obagi system? And how long was your break from the obagi system litaamust
It seems Obagi doesn't work as well as it used to. If I didn't purchase from a dermatologist I would have thought it fake. Previously while on Obagi my face used to get so white but now it's taking a long time to work. Maybe it's because I took some time off from it and went back because of massive breakouts. Secondly Obagi works better with retin a more than with tazorac.

881 - 900 of 915 Posts