Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all....just joined this forum.

I just want to see i am an absolute skin care junky. Im 46 but have been told i look like im mid 30s! I did the baby oil sunbathing in the 80s, sunbeds, no sunscreen etc.

Things changed when i was 30. No more bad habits, no sunbathing, etc
I have tried every single cream under the sun. Im a sucker when it comes to a new cream!!

Everything from Olay , boots, clarins to arden, clinique and every known make in Harvey Nicks!!!

Then.... on a visit to my boob surgeon I discovered the Obagi system. Been using it a year and it is fantastic....honestly. The initial payout of £300 was expensive but i have since discovered an online overseas website where i get the creams for half the price including packaging!

My skin is glowing and im so happy with it.

Anyway enough of me..it would be great to hear of anyone elses experiences

·
Registered
2 Posts
I start using the Obagi line tomorrow. Same deal went to face doc and recommended the products for 300 pounds so I went on line and bought it for much less. A little afraid though because i'm not followed by a doctor. Anyway hope nothing crazy happens like my face falling off because the regime seems really heavy duty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there, i have been on it a year now and so use the maintenance programme. i take it that you are using steps 1 to 6? After about 10 days your skin will slowly start to flake. The skin goes red and is very sensitive. I actually felt like giving up because my face looked really flaky and a bit scabby. Dont give up!!!!!! it really is worth it. The flaking will eventually subside. After about 3 months of using steps 1 to 6 you can omit step 5 where you mix the creams. when ever you feel like your skin needs it you can do it. Always use the factor 35 day or night . please feel free to ask me any questions.... incidently i have never used the blue skin peel which is much heavier. good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!

I am new to skin care talk and the obagi treatment! I have started the nu derm program almost ten days ago and my face and neck are peeling like crazy and look like I stayed too much in the sun; i.e sunburnt :-( Is this normal?????? I cannot believe I will be like this for at least another six weeks. Was thinking of giving up until I got to this site and read your posts. Does it get better????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts