Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 48 years old...i think i look ok for my age but my problem is that veins on my hands are too obvious...they look worse than a much much older person's hands(sorry..dont mean to offend anyone)..i hate having my pictures taken coz of it ..is there any cream that i can apply to relax the veins so that they wont show that bad?..help anyone??? please

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I use Retin A on my hands. I have veins on my hands too. Are you talking about being able to see them, like bluish?

Mine are not blue or anything, but they are noticable. I don't know if the Retin A would do anything for the veins, but it helps with the dark spots that is for sure!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I saw on "Doctors" TV morning show a yoga teacher in California, can't recall her name, she seems to be very famous, blond short hair, do you know her Gymrat? She received fat injections (her own fat) to fill the gaps, her hands look much younger!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I saw on "Doctors" TV morning show a yoga teacher in California, can't recall her name, she seems to be very famous, blond short hair, do you know her Gymrat? She received fat injections (her own fat) to fill the gaps, her hands look much younger!
Hi Marie!!

hmmmm a famous yoga teacher in CA with short hair and fat injections. She is one of MANY-
California is the yoga, fat injections, blonde capitol of the world!!

No, I am not sure who you are talking about. I love that Doctors show though. Seems we watch a lot of the same shows Marie-

A friend of mine has had Restylane injections in her hand. Not for me, thanks.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would settle with my own fat, this most cost an arm & a leg hahaha, I knew you were watching "Doctors" but you have missed that one, but they are all reruns so you may see the blond yoga teacher again with her lovely fat hands! :)

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Ya I wouldnt mind transfering some of my fat from my legs to parts of my body that are lacking. My cheeks, hands and chest would be where I would start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by mariepop

Yeah, I've heard about that before Marie, it's called an autologous fat transfer. From what I've heard they seem to work really great!

Quote: Originally Posted by

When someone undergoes an autologous fat transfer, their own body fat is used to plump up areas of the face that may be sunken or emaciated. The word “autologous†refers to the use of the personâ€2122s own tissue and body fat for the procedure. It is a nice way to restore volume to the face and it is usually done in 3 steps.

Source: myfda.org

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I do yoga and am in my 30's and have veiny hands, it is unavoidable if you work out to any degree and are a woman. Ironically we have more fat everywhere but for areas like hands/forearms. My arms look somewhat like Madonna's (NOT as bad but veiny) and my hands are depressing for me to look at too because the veins are always bulging. Fat grafting is the best thing for it but my hands are not too thin but rather too muscular.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah, I've heard about that before Marie, it's called an autologous fat transfer. From what I've heard they seem to work really great!

Source: myfda.org
Thanks amandarey for the link! I learned a new word!

I wonder if someone knows how much it cost for hands? It says it last long, how long is long?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mariepop--autologous fat reabsorbs to a degree but not completely. Two transfers usually are enough to give a 70-80% retention rate. Cost varies but should be no more than 3k USD

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Off topic: My sister told me that bio identical hormones will make you gain weight. I hope you will say no!
Absolutely NOT true. I have lost 7 lbs, that I did not need to loose since starting 2 months ago. Are you sure she wasn't talking about synthetic hormones? Those I heard DO make you gain a little bit of weight. I have never used synthetic so I can't compare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well the veins are bluish and bulging....they also look worse when hands are tired from working...i probably dont mind them being noticed...but they are bulged...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
well the veins are bluish and bulging....they also look worse when hands are tired from working...i probably dont mind them being noticed...but they are bulged...
Veins are blue and arteries are red. People tend to call it all "veins" but a vein is returning and an artery is going out (if you think of traffic). If I am tired, sluggish or over active (like excercise or toiling with my hands like you say) then they also bulge. I have had this since about 27 though and my arms also have veins all over. This has a lot to do with the fact I have low body fat and a well-developed cardio-vascular system. You need to consider that I frankly do not care anymore I have commented to people who say how veiny others or I am and tell them it is NOT always age it is often other factors with women.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Absolutely NOT true. I have lost 7 lbs, that I did not need to loose since starting 2 months ago. Are you sure she wasn't talking about synthetic hormones? Those I heard DO make you gain a little bit of weight. I have never used synthetic so I can't compare.
That is what I said to my sister, it's a woman who works with her and she made sure it was bio identical hormones. This woman was having mood swings and was depressed, my sister says: I would be more depressed now seeing myself getting bigger!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
That is what I said to my sister, it's a woman who works with her and she made sure it was bio identical hormones. This woman was having mood swings and was depressed, my sister says: I would be more depressed now seeing myself getting bigger!
Well I can tell you I have never felt better than I have the last few months, so something is working with these bio's-

There were days when I felt so tired and sluggish it was horrible. I now have my energy back, I am sleeping better, and I have gotten back to running 6-8 miles a day. I NEVER thought I would see that day come again, to be perfectly honest.

It isn't cheap, but it is worth every penny to me. Let me know how it goes for you Marie. Let me know when you have your levels back.

K, sorry for hacking the vein thread-

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm seeing my Dr August 17 for the hormones results and I will see from there, but he is not the one who will prescribe the hormones, so this will probably take few months, the other Dr I contacted I could only have an appointment in November. I'm waiting for another Dr. who's on vacations to call me back. feeeew!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts