Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the TCA all over my face. I did 2 layers and I think I used too much??? I blanched (white places) in a few places and my face is blazing red!!! I'm scared! I'm a tad swollen- not much and I have antibiotic ointment all over my face. It feels for lack of a better word, "bumpy?" I'm not blistered, by any means. It's just uncomfortable. It burns some.... Maybe I should take a pic!!!!!!! I'm scared!!!!!!! It's just been 10 mins since I did it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh.... I am swollen and puffy. I'll post some befores and afters. Here are some befores.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 15 mins AFTER the 2 layer peel. EEK!!!!!!!!! GAWD. I don't look this bad in real life!!!! The macro makes my nose look so big! LOL

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And one more....... It's redder than it looks in the pic. Oh I'm scared sh***less!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Your skin doesn't look bad at all! I've seen women 10yrs younger whose skin is nowhere near like yours is. Between the peels & the RA you'll achieve your skin goals for sure.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
It looks really fine to me. It doesn't look like you have burned it at all from what I can see. I think you did a great job applying it.

When I do my TCA peels, it burns so bad I am running around fanning my face, much less able to take a picture of myself! You are much calmer than I-

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sandia, this reminds me when I used glycolic 30% for 20 min. it was red but I never peeled, and I did not use it on my nose, I have rosacea, I did not want to agravate it.

and where is your crow feet, I want some like that :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
...it is normal to be like that...Don't worry...everything will be all right.....I did that on my nose and it got all red...I was almost as you are right now...,,but now my nose is fine...Please, use your sunscreen . It is very important...use it every time....Good Luck!..

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whew......... it's 3am. I woke up w/o pain and washed the greasy antibiotic ointment off my face. It's still swollen a bit. I put the 30% glycolic lotion on and it stung a bit, then I put some Vit A&C serum on. Not red except a bit on my cheeks and around my nose where I have broken capillaries. Hate those.... ack. The blackheads that weren't SO bad that I could see in the really close-up pics are gone! LOL My fears are abated... I HOPE I peel after that burning and scare! My face looks shiny and alright. I'll post pics when I upload them and get more sleep. Ahhhhh I feel so much better now. I was soooo scared earlier! lol So weird, there are freckles that look more prominent on my cheeks now! Odd! ??? I'll do this again in a few weeks!! LOL

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reassurance, ladies! I feel much better at 3 am after washing the ointment off my face and using the 30% glycolic lotion and moisturizer. Swollen still, but not red like right afterwards.... Whew was I scared!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Odd, I thought my other reply didn't post... sorry! Again, thanks! I'll post more pics later! "night!!"

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Sandia that's nothing! You hardly got red! That is no worse than a light glycolic I have done! You should see what 18% TCA will do to ya! Your freckles/spots will get darker. Some may even peel off, but you may have to go with something stronger. I did. TCA is suppose to get frosty white ( the stronger ones do ) and you will get red. You should see my skin tags now! You are totally fine. Can you tell me how the heck you posted those pics in your message I still haven't figured that out!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sandia that's nothing! You hardly got red! That is no worse than a light glycolic I have done! You should see what 18% TCA will do to ya! Your freckles/spots will get darker. Some may even peel off, but you may have to go with something stronger. I did. TCA is suppose to get frosty white ( the stronger ones do ) and you will get red. You should see my skin tags now! You are totally fine. Can you tell me how the heck you posted those pics in your message I still haven't figured that out!
I did that on 6 mg of Klonopin. LOL IT HUUUUUUUUURT! To post pics I scrolled down below *this box* I'm writing in to the box that says "manage attachments" and click that, then go to "browse", and upload each pic one a time, up to 5 pics in each post.
HTH!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Awesome! Got it now. I can post some pics when I do my next peel. Ok Sandia IF you go up to 18%
ESPECIALLY if you do 2 layers you will need to be HEAVILY sedated. I tell you 12.5 is a picnic compared

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some from 3am and some this morning. My face feels BRUISED!!! My forehead, where I did the peel first, and again last night is like it has cellaphane on it!! Weird... is that normal? I have close ups of it. I looks different.

From 3 am and my forehead in this post.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of these may be from 3 am----- lol doesn't matter. I woke up an hour ago. Yes, some freckles are darker! Odd! Face feels very hot and bruised- especially on my cheekbones. AND SWOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLEEEEENNN!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And a picture so I don't look so AWFUL!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome! Got it now. I can post some pics when I do my next peel. Ok Sandia IF you go up to 18%
ESPECIALLY if you do 2 layers you will need to be HEAVILY sedated. I tell you 12.5 is a picnic compared
BHWAHAHAAAAA! When I go up, I'm getting some Percocet from my doc to take before I do it. I'm not kidding! I take the klonopin every day to prevent panic attacks, so 6 mg is NOTHING to me. It would knock most ppl out. It barely did anything to me cos I'm used to taking it. I just don't take that much at once. STILL. It helped a TAD. I would have had to take twice that amount to "feel" it..... I've been on meds for panic attacks for over 10 years, so they don't affect me like they would somebody who never takes them.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Everything you are experiencing is normal. My spots I did looked MUCH worse! they got BROWN dark brown. Your skin should get shiny, tight for a few days then start to flake/peel around day 4 or 5. BTW I LOVE your hair color. I want to go dark can you share the color please and what do you use if you color??

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let me look at the box. That's the color my hair was before I went 100% gray. @@ I got my first gray hair when I was 17. LOL My daughter came storming up to me when she was 18 saying "LOOK AT THIS DAMN THING!!!" I said what???? She handed me a gray hair. I rolled laughing.. now she plucks them out. I said noooooo! But she has THICK hair.. I never did have thick hair!! This last color I used yesterday morning is Revlon Colorsilk #30-Dark Brown.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts