Skin Care Talk banner

Oil blotting paper

5K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  MrSmoove 
#1 ·
My skin tends to be more dry in the winter, but I still occaisonally get shiny by then end of the day. I hate it, but I really don't want to have to wipe my face with my hands. Does anyone use those little papers that you jsut blot off the oil with? WHat brands are good?

#7 ·
I absolutely love blotter tissues. I use the CVS brand (that is if you have a CVS where you are...I'm in Chicago).

The microfiber cloth is a good idea but I don't like the notion of the dead skin flakes, bacteria and oil being used on my face over and over again. I personally prefer blotters...this way if my girls see my using one they can have one as well.

Just my two pennies....

#8 ·
The blotters are difficult to come by here -- when I find them I usually buy several which lasts a long time. I haven't heard of the CVS line.

Have you ever been to the Marilyn Miglin salon in Chicago? I used to buy her Vit.C line -- I could just eat the cream it was so lucious.

#20 ·
My face is like an oil drill with or without make-up!!

I guess either I have to keep wiping my skin with the oil blotting paper or keep searching for the perfect oil free moisturiser that will leave my skin matte the entire day! It's just an trial n error thing n costly on top coz I keep buyin so many rubbish stuff that do not work!

#22 ·
Id see your doctor then see what he can recommed I know for my excema he gave me product straight away, Dont buy products on a wim no matter how desprate you are! Also try to wear as little make up as possible as crazy as I may sound I wear make up may be 3 times in a year at the most and my skin thanks me for it!! However I know most girls love makeup which is fair enough just suggestion tis is all!!

#26 ·
Well, you can buy more than 1. I think they're about 33 to 50 cents each. You can buy 20 of them for less than 10 bucks and wash them all at the same time. Also these cloths aren't big so they don't take up space.

I think the towel is worse, since you're taking up water, plus wiping the rest of your body at the same time.

You seem concerned about lots of bacteria and "tons of oil" so your skin's condition may not be good and you may need more aggressive methods. With individuals with a somewhat normal skin this is ideal. Perhaps you may need to look at other methods of controlling a large amount of facial bacteria and oil. You might want to look into SA peels, they'll help with the bacteria and oily skin.

#27 ·
. . . .
You seem concerned about lots of bacteria and "tons of oil" so your skin's condition may not be good and you may need more aggressive methods. With individuals with a somewhat normal skin this is ideal. Perhaps you may need to look at other methods of controlling a large amount of facial bacteria and oil. You might want to look into SA peels, they'll help with the bacteria and oily skin.
I when I leave the house in the morning I doubt there's bacteria on my face -- since sometimes I've used sterile water & peroxide to clean my face after washing; or a toner with alcohol. I also have a face wash with glycoloic acid in it. If I was concerned about bacteria it would be from the amount of oil that accumulates on my face over the day. SA peels may be effective, but since there isn't any place that provides them in my area I have been trying to address the problem the best way I can. But your point is taken.

#29 ·
Mari have you tried using things like rose hip oil instead of moisturizing on your face after you have used serum, just a thought but this might help too! what are Sa peels anyway? Just a thought but I know one thing we were talking about last night is that all these acids you can put on your face may not do a person any good in the long run!

#30 ·
I'm allergic to roses so I don't know if I'd have a reaction to the rose hip oil. I think I'm going to try staying with Cellex-C, then putting Hydra B5 on top; the only think with moisturizers is that you can have a SPF included --which means I'd have to add a sunscreen, and the ones I've tried are heavy.

SA I would think Freddy was referring to salycic acid -- which is often included in acne treatments. -- here again you would have to use a sun block if using that product -- unless there is a moisturizer that has SA + a sunblock. When I go into a Dept. store it takes me ages in the cosmetic Dept. 'cause I read all the ingredients. With me it's always been trial and error, sometimes the products work then I have a reaction. It is true that some products do more harm than good.

#31 ·
May be you should try Asprin Mask it did leave my face feeling soft but not sure if did much for the pores! This is what we were all saying last night though its diffiucult to find out what works and what does not work, There are many oils out there though so i suppose could always try a bit on back of your hand or something see if it does work! I know Im really liking the Is Clinical Serum only used it yesterday and my face instantly felt firmer but then this is not a cheap product, unfortuntaly!! As you said just trial and error really!!

#41 ·
Who knows? Some older brands possibly haven't got new technology but work for some people. Some of the products that are found in drugstores may be owned by larger big department store brands and may be using their old formulations. The latest I read is that the new target group for skin care products will be directed towards 8 - 11 year olds. What do you think of that?

Have you seen the new Dove commercial showing how they transform an "ordinary" woman into a glamourous cover girl. Quite interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.