Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did we ever figure out which was the best or at very least the most used for our acne prone skin?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I am currently using Simple oil-free moisturiser and I find it good as it does not leave my skin oily at the end of the day. Also, my skin is combination type and I suffer from acne too.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
What about a hyaluronic acid serum? It attracts water to the skin without putting oil on.
Some oils are good for oily skin though, like argan and hazelnut.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Fawnie,

Just wondering if u know how to make a DIY hyaluronic acid serum?
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
A great oil free moisturiser that I use is Nivea visage oil free moisturising fluid which is inexpensive and works very well expecially on combination skin. It doesn't feel heavy and works beautifully.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,
A great oil free moisturiser that I use is Nivea visage oil free moisturising fluid which is inexpensive and works very well expecially on combination skin. It doesn't feel heavy and works beautifully.
thank you and doesn't clog the pores?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Pumi, sure! In addition to Freddy's excellent site there, you could have a look at Garden of Wisdom here:
GoW Anti-Oxidants

They have some ready-made stuff that is pretty reasonable if you aren't into making your own. Hope it helps.
Fawnie,I am just wondering instead of making 2 separate serums one for vit c and one for HA (Hyaluonic acid) , can I make a single serum using both these ingredients? Also, can I use HA capsules to make the serum coz I can't find HA powder to buy in the UK. Any suggestions how many capsules should I use?

I am looking forward to making my own DIY stuffs from now on. It is costing me too much to buy branded skincare products

I would appreciate everyone's help too

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi,
Hi Rox pox,

Does the Nivea oil free fluid leave your face matte all day?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, it gives a really smooth matte finish and its non-comedogenic so it doen't clog pores. I'm from the UK though so I wouldn't know if its available in the US.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Simple Daily Light Hydrating Moistuiser is very good , and not at all expensive. It spread easily and doesnt create any shine at all , soaks in fast and feels really fresh when you put it on like you are washing your face.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts