Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What oils or combination of oils are best for use as a moisturizer on my face at night?

The ones I currently have on hand are:
-Almond oil
-Grapeseed oil
-Jojoba oil
-Safflower oil

and the essential oils I have are:
-Lavendar
-Tea Tree
-Rose Hip Seed
-Geranium

I heard in a study online that a mix of Jojoba & Safflower oils are good for roseacea and I have what is mabey not considered roseacea, but a "flushed" look in the outer cheeks area.

Anyway, any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
475 Posts
neveroverthehill in the introductions says jojoba and macadamia because they both match our natural sebum. Check the intros out for his exact explanation. I made a little eye serum out of 1/3 jojoba, macadamia and avacado (thanks to Kassy's suggestion it has lots of nutrients) each and added some squalane and it feels so nice. It's really smooth and I shocked myself mixing it up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neveroverthehill in the introductions says jojoba and macadamia because they both match our natural sebum. Check the intros out for his exact explanation. I made a little eye serum out of 1/3 jojoba, macadamia and avacado (thanks to Kassy's suggestion it has lots of nutrients) each and added some squalane and it feels so nice. It's really smooth and I shocked myself mixing it up.
Do you keep in the fridge? How much of a batch at a time do you make? Where do I get squalane and how much do you add? Thanks for you response oranges!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't keep it in the fridge, not sure if I should. I made about .25 oz in a little .5 or .25 oz dropper bottle I got at the local health food store.

If you don't have a local health food store you can probably get a little dropper bottle from gardenofwisdom.com, lotioncrafters.com, or makingcosmetics.com

The particular squalane I have came from ncnproskincare.com. I just ordered some more from lotioncrafters.com just because I was ordering some other stuff as well. gardenofwisdom.com has it too.

I just added a squirt of squalane in that small of a container. I only ordered 2 oz at a time.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
What oils or combination of oils are best for use as a moisturizer on my face at night?

The ones I currently have on hand are:
-Almond oil
-Grapeseed oil
-Jojoba oil
-Safflower oil

and the essential oils I have are:
-Lavendar
-Tea Tree
-Rose Hip Seed
-Geranium

I heard in a study online that a mix of Jojoba & Safflower oils are good for roseacea and I have what is mabey not considered roseacea, but a "flushed" look in the outer cheeks area.

Anyway, any info is appreciated!
Hi Marissa,

Firstly, it depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin, use oils like olive oil and almond oil. In case of oily skin, use light oils like grapeseed oil and rosehip oil. You can add any essential oils you want depending on what benefits you looking for.

Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts