Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I know there was another post regarding facial cleansers and oily skin, but I have some questions regarding oils and oily skin.

I have been reading all of the wonderful posts on this forum, and have learned and continue to learn all about skin care. I also try to read and educate myself, but I have a long way to go before I am as knowledgeable as some of you on here. I was reading this article about jojoba oil:

Because jojoba oil closely resembles human sebum, our skin accepts it very well without threat of breakouts or reactions. If you're oily or combination skinned and afraid of putting any oil on your face, rest easy. Jojoba oil actually helps to balance skin's sebum, so it moisturizes dry skins and eases the oil production in oily skin. Apply jojoba oil by mixing two drops of it in your moisturizer, or use it sparingly on its own.

So I was wondering how to incorporate this into my daily routine. As I posted before my skin is very oily. I am still using the Green Cream 6 2x a day,(I am eagerly waiting for my order of Taz from ADC) as well as DIY vitamin c in the evening.

Can I use this in the C serum??? or do I use it alone??? when would be the best time to use it if It is best to use alone?? I have not used any other products since using GC and DIY C , but my oily skin is so much worse in the summer months, I thought I should give this a try. The health food store was out of grapeseed so I opted for the jojoba.

Once again a big thanks to all who take the time to educate and answer questions....

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hi everyone,

I know there was another post regarding facial cleansers and oily skin, but I have some questions regarding oils and oily skin.

I have been reading all of the wonderful posts on this forum, and have learned and continue to learn all about skin care. I also try to read and educate myself, but I have a long way to go before I am as knowledgeable as some of you on here. I was reading this article about jojoba oil:

Because jojoba oil closely resembles human sebum, our skin accepts it very well without threat of breakouts or reactions. If you're oily or combination skinned and afraid of putting any oil on your face, rest easy. Jojoba oil actually helps to balance skin's sebum, so it moisturizes dry skins and eases the oil production in oily skin. Apply jojoba oil by mixing two drops of it in your moisturizer, or use it sparingly on its own.

So I was wondering how to incorporate this into my daily routine. As I posted before my skin is very oily. I am still using the Green Cream 6 2x a day,(I am eagerly waiting for my order of Taz from ADC) as well as DIY vitamin c in the evening.

Can I use this in the C serum??? or do I use it alone??? when would be the best time to use it if It is best to use alone?? I have not used any other products since using GC and DIY C , but my oily skin is so much worse in the summer months, I thought I should give this a try. The health food store was out of grapeseed so I opted for the jojoba.

Once again a big thanks to all who take the time to educate and answer questions....
Hi Mom-

Why are you using your C serum at night? I would recommend AM use. Then waiting 20-30 mins, then apply GC. Then at night just GC.

As for jojoba oil, great oil!! I lathered up daily sometimes twice daily when I was taking Accutane. If you have oily skin, I would only try a tad and pat your face with it. I would use it a night before you go to bed. Another one you can try is Squalane. I use it as well. It is another oil that is very light. i would say it is lighter than jojoba. Either would work for you though. But I have to say, I like grapeseed too-sorry, I know I am no help.

Really I use all of my oils, just pick and choose, pick and choose at my house! I use grapeseed around my eyes, jojoba I add to my moisturizers, and Squalane I use by its self.

Botanical Skin Works--Articles

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gym,

Actually after re-reading my original post, I see that I said I use C in the evening. Actually I do the opposite. I wash in the morning with Cetaphil, then wait at least 30 minutes, then apply C serum, wait another 30 minutes then Green Cream.

Thanks for your helpful tid-bits!!!!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to ask.....the health food store had grapeseed toner, a NOW product...do you think I could use that??? I know usually when using GC it is advised to skip toner, but it said it was very good for oily skin.....maybe that would be better for me????

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I know usually when using GC it is advised to skip toner, but it said it was very good for oily skin.....maybe that would be better for me????
It is probably "very good for oily skin that is not using a retinol/Retin-A product." I wouldn't do it. My skin is so sensitive from using Retin-A that I avoid all alcohol products. You mentioned that you ordered Taz - so you will probably want to do the same, or at least wait and see how you respond to it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mirecka I will take your advice, although I have not experienced any sensitivity while using the GC, and like I said I have been using it 2x a day for almost 2 months. But since I will be starting Taz soon, I will skip the toner just to be safe....

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hi Gym,

Actually after re-reading my original post, I see that I said I use C in the evening. Actually I do the opposite. I wash in the morning with Cetaphil, then wait at least 30 minutes, then apply C serum, wait another 30 minutes then Green Cream.

Thanks for your helpful tid-bits!!!!!!!
I thought you did, so when I read that I was kinda shocked-
hope the taz works better for you than the GC!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello there,

With reference to using this in the C Serum. I would use topical Vitamin C alone. Topical Vitamin C functions as an anti-oxidant and there is evidence that it protects against the sun.

However, in day-time you must use it in conjunction with a sun-cream,

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi everyone,

Maybe you could incorporate the jojoba by using it as a cleansing oil? I think I read some reviews on MUA where just straight Jojoba oil used as a cleansing oil was fantastic.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for some more helpful information......I originally started to use the C serum in the evening, only because I add vitamin E to it and it tends to make my face a bit more oily. I started using the C in the morning a while ago. Can anyone recommend what I could add to the C serum, that might help with oily skin instead of the vitamin E....I know it is good for my skin, as well as helps to stabilize the C serum but maybe there is something comparable to the E???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts