Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried several times to get answers here to questions i have about skin care and anti aging but it seems its not a very helpful place to go for answers so i will look elsewhere.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
that is so not true, as you can see I'm a newbie and I've asked lots of questions...and some pretty dumb ones too
....and honestly ohara everyone has been so friendly and helpful...maybe your questions have got lost in the threads...some of them are so long and you do go a bit nuts trying to find things...don't give up.

As a side not everytime there is a bit of info that I know is going to be useful to me I make a note in my little Skin Care Talk notebook, it's filling up fast

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all i wanted to know is if its ok to use cellex c high potency serum on other parts of my body like thighs chest upper arms...or is it strictly made for the face? also is it still ok to use it after its changed color. I have had some bottles for over a year unopened and want to know should i throw them out.....its only the opened bottle that has changed color as far as i know so far....dont know about the color of the unopened and sealed bottles.....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Too bad - I/we try to answer C serum questions on the C threads. Sorry if I/we missed yours.

Quote: Originally Posted by ohara

all i wanted to know is if its ok to use cellex c high potency serum on other parts of my body like thighs chest upper arms...or is it strictly made for the face?

As a rule - C serum can be used anywhere on the body except the eyelids (or mucous membranes, I would think). I make my own and apply it everywhere. A face serum like Cellex X HP is expensive - so it probably wouldn't go far using it that way - but go ahead. That is, unless the packaging says not to do so.

Quote: Originally Posted by

also is it still ok to use it after its changed color. I have had some bottles for over a year unopened and want to know should i throw them out.....its only the opened bottle that has changed color as far as i know so far....dont know about the color of the unopened and sealed bottles.....

Did you e-mail the manufacturer? Most websites have contact info so that customers can ask questions like this and your other one. As a rule, a yellow C serum means that it is oxidized and no longer effective, and in fact mght be harmful. I would toss it out - again, that is, unless the packaging says it is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
You asked a similar question on another thread at about 12AM this morning and gymrat responded - HERE, and you saw it apparently, and asked a follow up question on that thread at 2 AM. Well, the rest of us were sleeping (she's in California) and since then many have been at work. So what is this about people ignoring your threads?

I checked your other threads - most of your questions were responded to by Fawnie, Gymrat, others. Some were not - like the one about "Drysol" - well, maybe folks like myself never heard of it. We tend not to rack up points by responding - "never heard of it." Suggestion - when that happens the best thing to do if you still want an answer is to post more info - give folks something to respond to if you want to get a conversation going.

And a few weeks ago you hijacked someone else's thread on Skinmedica products with a question of your own about Cellex-C. No surprise there that it went unanswered.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
since i have a roommate i am not the only one using this computer so i am not resposible for every question/comment that has my name attached to it......i also have no idea what you are referring to about about "racking up points".....did not know this was a point system.....thought it was just for comments,questions and feedback regarding skin care/anti-aging

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by ohara

since i have a roommate i am not the only one using this computer so i am not resposible for every question/comment that has my name attached to it......

Huh? Whenever you come to the site, in order to post you have to sign in using your user name and password. Santa Claus could be using your computer and could not post in your name unless he knows your user name and password.

i also have no idea what you are referring to about about "racking up points".....did not know this was a point system.....thought it was just for comments,questions and feedback regarding skin care/anti-aging

The system keeps track of the number of posts we make - and we are assigned a status that corresponds to it. All this gives is an indication as to how active folks are on this site. I personally enjoy reading the posts of folks who post often than those who do not. You get to "know" them sort of over time.

Well, all that I meant is that most folks would not commonly post something like "never heard of it" - since it adds nothing really. Unless one wanted to rack up their number of posts. It was nothing against you - just a reason one might give for not responding to a post about something they honestly know nothing about.

My other comment sounded harsh but wasn't meant to be. When you bury a question in someone else's thread - chances are it will be missed. I didn't see your question about Cellex C in that Skinmedica thread because I ignored that entire thread. But eagerly read threads dedicated to C serum - because I love that topic.

I do hope that you consider making your own C serum - it is easy and effective. You expressed an interest in it in the C threads. I/we would be happy to help you. It is a shame to spend good money on commercial products and throw them away because they have expired before use.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Love ya Mirecka! You really are SCT watch dog! I really like your replies to spam & people who denigrates & expect immediate assistance, I personally will not let anyone else uses my computer, and certainly not my password. :

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
You asked a similar question on another thread at about 12AM this morning and gymrat responded - HERE, and you saw it apparently, and asked a follow up question on that thread at 2 AM. Well, the rest of us were sleeping (she's in California) and since then many have been at work. So what is this about people ignoring your threads?

I checked your other threads - most of your questions were responded to by Fawnie, Gymrat, others. Some were not - like the one about "Drysol" - well, maybe folks like myself never heard of it. We tend not to rack up points by responding - "never heard of it." Suggestion - when that happens the best thing to do if you still want an answer is to post more info - give folks something to respond to if you want to get a conversation going.

And a few weeks ago you hijacked someone else's thread on Skinmedica products with a question of your own about Cellex-C. No surprise there that it went unanswered.
Thank you Mireckca for your great answers just as this one!!

I have to tell you all of these post's are getting a little ridiculous to me!!

CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD OHARA!!!! You should not let ANYONE have your password! I would NEVER want someone posting questions under my name. Eventually, no one will answer your questions, there are a TON on here right now, that I know I myself have tried to answer, enough already!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm automatically logged in every time I visit this site. Apparently I clicked a button to make that so? Since I'm the only one who uses my computer it's not an issue, but I can see if two roommates are using the same computer and visiting the same sites how it might be. Nothing to do with giving out your password.

Ohara, try clearing your browser history when you are done using the computer, that should take care of the problem - though it can be a pain to have to sign in everytime you go to a site because your user name and passwords are not stored. Have your roommate open her own account here, so she can post under her own screen name with her own skin care questions.

Generally people answer questions they have some experience or interest in. Sometimes they don't answer because the same questions have been asked so frequently its tiresome to keep writing the same replies. Use the search function on this site to see if your particular question has been previously discussed on the forum. Really it's the best way to read the most information - time consuming though it may be.

I'm a newbie here also, and I realize many of you who've posted extensively feel you "know" each other, but remember...there was a time when you were new to skin care forums and you probably asked a TON of questions yourself, no? If you don't feel like answering questions from newbies then don't. No need to be snippy about it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm a newbie here also, and I realize many of you who've posted extensively feel you "know" each other, but remember...there was a time when you were new to skin care forums and you probably asked a TON of questions yourself, no? If you don't feel like answering questions from newbies then don't. No need to be snippy about it.
Huh? You are so far out of line with these comments that it is not even funny.

If someone is making posts and is being unreasonable, any of us has the right to point that out. That is what makes a place like this operate so smoothly. It has nothing to do with how long someone has been on this site. I did so here with Ohara and went on to give her all the advice and support that I possibly could. I spend alot of time reanswering and reanswering questions and do not mind - at all. The same is true for many of us here. But if I can save time by referring them to a place where it has been discussed before - I will do so.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts

Not to mention Llucy, if you read the #1 post of this thread you would understand what we are talking about. Ohara, was posting NUMEROUS threads with the same question. She explained her roommate was using her computer. Here on SCT, we don't have any idea who is using whos computer. All we know is that someone with the screen name "Ohara" keeps repeating questions and starting numerous threads.

All of us do the best we can to answer most questions posted. Unless we don't have an answer or suggestion. I myself answered many of Ohara's questions and then a day later the same question is posted again saying no one answered the first question???? This has NOTHING to do with knowing each other. Just because some of us have been members longer has nothing to do with how I answer anyones question.

As for being a newbie........we were all newbies. I try and welcome most newbie's that I see.

Without newbies SCT wouldn't be much of a forum.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yeah - I never would have been so specific in my comments to Ohara if I did not take the time to go back and track her posts. Something did not seem right to me and so I went back and looked at each of them. There were only about 40 of them at the time - but I looked at each one before I made the comments that I did. And then I tried to give her the help that she needed to do what she wanted to do - i.e., make here own serum. For someone to call me "snarky" is way out of line.

If Fawnie or Gymrat or Peri or Lexi or Ondine or Mariepop or whomever else had done something similar - I would have gone after them too! And would have enjoyed it alot more too!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yeah - I never would have been so specific in my comments to Ohara if I did not take the time to go back and track her posts. Something did not seem right to me and so I went back and looked at each of them. There were only about 40 of them at the time - but I looked at each one before I made the comments that I did. And then I tried to give her the help that she needed to do what she wanted to do - i.e., make here own serum. For someone to call me "snarky" is way out of line.

If Fawnie or Gymrat or Peri or Lexi or Ondine or Mariepop or whomever else had done something similar - I would have gone after them too! And would have enjoyed it alot more too!
Snarky or do you mean snippy? Whatever the case, not a necessary comment at all!!

Also, if I started posting numerous threads with similar topics, PLEASE come find me and help me!!! This could be a sign that I have finally lost my mind-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by gymrat

Snarky or do you mean snippy? Whatever the case, not a necessary comment at all!!

That's right - good catch. She called me "snippy" - I called myself "snarky." At this point, she can call me whatever she wants - I've had enough already.

Also, if I started posting numerous threads with similar topics, PLEASE come find me and help me!!! This could be a sign that I have finally lost my mind-

DEAL!!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

You forgot Freddy!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts