Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I'm Eirlys from the UK. I'm 78 years of age and still enjoy cosmetics and stylish fashion.

I am most likely the oldest one here though my Wii Fitt age today was 44!

I use little makeup though I have tested quite a lot for various organisations the last few years. Testing anti-ageing products on an oldtimer is by far the best way of getting truthful results.

Guess you are all youngsters here, but I'm willing to learn from you. I'm sure I'll enjoy the lessons.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi Eirlys, and welcome. I'm fairly new too, registered this year. People here are all ages it seams, from teens, to well 78 :) I got old six years ago, and have not yet gotten used to it ;-) (36 now). Users are from many countries, US, Canada, Europe and more, so if we are lucky we pick up on all kinds of trends and knowlege. In my opinion skin care is important at any age, and with the right stuff we avoid all kinds of trouble. Very nice to meet you.

Best regards 2blue

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings! I'm Eirlys from the UK. I'm 78 years of age and still enjoy cosmetics and stylish fashion.

I use little makeup though I have tested quite a lot for various organisations the last few years. Testing anti-ageing products on an oldtimer is by far the best way of getting truthful results.

Guess you are all youngsters here, but I'm willing to learn from you. I'm sure I'll enjoy the lessons.
Welcome Eirlys.
.. I had to respond to you because I don't know many 78 year old women that know how to use the computer, certainly not my aunt and some of my other older relatives. Good for you! I'm also new, come here now and then ...Please feel free to share what products works on older skin.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Eirlys! You might be surprised how old some of us are here! (but we'll never tell!
)

You rock, girl, on so many levels!!

You use the internet and Wii Fitt !!!!!
You like cosmetics & fashion !!!!
You're eager to learn and share info !!!!!

So welcome! We look forward to your posts! You'll fit right in here!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well! Your replies made me laugh.................in the nicest way!
I feel so much more "clever" after reading your post, Fawnie. :O) How about adding learning Latin on line to that list? (true).

Amber : I bought my first PC in 1998 and this is my third. Love it. Husband complains I am addicted to it (half-true).

At the moment I am testing products for the Beauty Bible (UK) and I used to be aregular tester for "Cosmetics to Go" before success overloaded their computers and theyhad to re-start.

Since I've been testing I have become much more aware of chemicals and am concerned about these. Anyway, guess here is not the place to start a discussion, so my thanks for your greetings, lovely ladies (true!)

·
Registered
40 Posts

Hi, I'm Margo from UK, not far off your age too. Would love to know which products you tested, and how you got involved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Margo : I'm still testing the products and enjoying the process. I am trying out items I would never buy as I tend to keep to old favourites.
I am not sure if I am posting info in the right place as this is an Introductory section but if you send me a private message I will list the cosmetics for you. I cannot send private e-mail until I have submitted 15 posts, evidently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checked. You have only 5 posts to my 3 so we are both in the same boat!

I have Lulu's Time Bomb Night Cream ; MAC Wipes ; Karin Herzog Eye Cream; Olay Lip Balm; Jemma Kidd Lipliner.......to name a few. (memory's going!!)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Welcome Eirlys, I'm 49 and I can't remember all the products mostly because what I tried aren't working. The memory works when it's worth it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We buy dreams!

Must say I found the Boots product that was in all the papers effective. And I love Aldi products. Just shows how cheap most of the ingredients are. We are paying for cosmetic "manufacturers'" dreams also!!

·
Registered
515 Posts

Hi Eirlys, wow I hope am like you always learning .trendy, tries everything.
I don't even have time or own a Wii fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, Lydia and Freddy.

I do love the PC. It opens up the world to one and I think all OAP's should be made to use one. LOL

Seriously, how can one be lonely with so many people on line ; when there is so much information ; so many hobbies to share?

I write letters to magazines ; am learning Latin on line and have done so for nearly four years. I am a member of several photography sections and I have learnt to use my (second) digital camera, and to edit photos. Oh, I also tackle competitions : draws ; tips ; slogans etc. I have won several ; nothing big, just enough to keep me entertained. I have twice won at bingo (around £50 each time) and then I have banked the money!!

Oh dear! Don't I sound a big head!!
I don't mean to. I just want to say what a wonderful invention a computer is!!!

And I love to talk about skin care and the internal and external things one can do to help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just checked. You have only 5 posts to my 3 so we are both in the same boat!

I have Lulu's Time Bomb Night Cream ; MAC Wipes ; Karin Herzog Eye Cream; Olay Lip Balm; Jemma Kidd Lipliner.......to name a few. (memory's going!!)
wow thats great.I have just bought Ageless if you dare. facial exercises. Has anyone out there ever used Derma Wand. and what do you think of it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Thank you, Lydia and Freddy.

I do love the PC. It opens up the world to one and I think all OAP's should be made to use one. LOL

Seriously, how can one be lonely with so many people on line ; when there is so much information ; so many hobbies to share?

I write letters to magazines ; am learning Latin on line and have done so for nearly four years. I am a member of several photography sections and I have learnt to use my (second) digital camera, and to edit photos. Oh, I also tackle competitions : draws ; tips ; slogans etc. I have won several ; nothing big, just enough to keep me entertained. I have twice won at bingo (around £50 each time) and then I have banked the money!!

Oh dear! Don't I sound a big head!!
I don't mean to. I just want to say what a wonderful invention a computer is!!!

And I love to talk about skin care and the internal and external things one can do to help.
Hummm...OAP doesn't stand for old-*** people does it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Freddy : Quote: Originally Posted by

OAP doesn't stand for old-*** people does it?

I can think of an answer to that but I might be banned from further posting!! :O) I prefer the term "Senior Citizen". It has a ring of wisdom to it!

Margo: I have tried facial exercises and found myself trying them out absentmindedly in public places! Only realised when people gave me a clear berth!! :O)

I've heard of Derma Wand but not tried it. My neighbour has tried Botox and she looked great but she is only in her early 40's!

I've been reading up about derma wand and people seem to like it and find it effective.Guess like everything else it has to be used regularly to show any improvement.. There are several videos on UTube that deal with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts