Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried just about most over the counter products(within a reasoable price range)but have found light organic olive oil is just about the best,it can leave your skin a bit greasy at first but i just wipe with a paper towel,i can honestly say it has left my face feeling softer and my eyelids have stopped looking puffy as they seem to do when i use over the counter products.It can also be used as a cleanser.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks for sharing Smiffles. You can even use the olive oil mixed with some castor oil to cleanse your face. It not only helps soften the skin but also remove excess oils and make-up.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi though this is quite harsh on the skin though dont you think?

Olive oil and flax seeds oils are great for salad dressing, thanks for link fawnie i always use olive oil myself on salads, stir fry etc!

Want to try making seaweed next even though the kelp i have to make it stinks! My boyfriend is not impressed!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Pumi though this is quite harsh on the skin though dont you think?

Olive oil and flax seeds oils are great for salad dressing, thanks for link fawnie i always use olive oil myself on salads, stir fry etc!

Want to try making seaweed next even though the kelp i have to make it stinks! My boyfriend is not impressed!
To answer your question, NY: No using olive oil or castor oil is not harsh at all on the skin coz I used them myself without any irritations touchwood! And I have particularly sensitive skin.

Olive oil certainly have many other uses as well. It used for moisturiser, hair oil ,in cooking and salads, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just watched a program that was talking about skincare,it was suggested that tired looking facial skin could be caused by sluggish lymph glands,a good way to clear them is to rub bicarb in a circular motion over your upper chest up through neck onto face,wipe off with a warm cloth,do the same with a slice of lemon,(expect this to sting a bit)again wash off then moisturise your neck and face in the same maner with olive oil.Needs to be done about 10 times in all over a few days.I have done this for a few days and it really brightens the skin.Not only that but its cheap and only takes a few minutes,i tend to bicarb and lemon before my shower,use the left over lemon on my hair in the final rinse (what a cheapskate)then use the oil last.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts