Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A preview of Chanel's new makeup collection debuted with eye shadows in deep rose and sienna hues. Makeup creative director Peter Philips originally premiered the look at the resort.

O. M. G. is all I have to say. ????????????????????

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm sorry. WTF? Why do runway models often look as if they are about to die from oh..... heroin overdose or they just stepped off the Starship Enterprise? Is it just me???????

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Ah- no! they do have a tendancy to look like they are dead but haven't been informed of that bit of information yet...

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah- no! they do have a tendancy to look like they are dead but haven't been informed of that bit of information yet...
LOL I'm sorry- I'm not making fun of eating disorders (which I've suffered from) at all, but that was too funny the way you put that, Pumi!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LOL very pretty colors on the right person....
I guess runway models are Clothes Horses and it's the clothes that are the star. Things just drape and hang better on a very tall, very thin, broad-shouldered, narrow-hipped body. It sets an unrealistic ideal for sure.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Thats runway, they are supposed to look as far from reality as possible. Nobody would care for ordinary colors, simple clothes and everyday people. Thats why NY fashion week is so boring, they show wearable things. On the other hand Paris, Milan, London, Tokyo has the wildest and most theatric shows to show overly sexy or eccentric concepts, just Google Alexander McQueen SS 2010 runway video. To motivate the consumer to pay 50$ for foundation, 40$ for eyeshadow and then 6000$ for a suit, you have to sell them a dream, an illusion. The fashion industry has figured out that since most of wester society is fat and dresses in ill-fitting clothes from mass retail, that it would be very profitable to make them want another reality depicted with help razor thin models in insanely expensive clothes, with wild hair and make up.
As for the unhealthy look, it's just some models that are unhealthy and look really scary, most a purists when it comes to eating and fitness, practically living in a gym or on a yoga mat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My eight-year old daughter went to a friends house to play (right before we were scheduled to go to an awards dinner). They played with makeup and put rose colored eye shadow all around her eyes (top and bottom). I told her it looked like she was trying to create that dead look. The funny thing is that we couldn't get it off with water in the bathroom at the dinner.

But...

I can now tell her she was right in fashion!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The colors are juicy I must say. Fawnie it right, there are some make-up colors and trends that look good and right only on some people. It's that person's responsibility to find the right colors and make-up for her.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I LOVE the high fashion runway shows! Clothes and makeup should be worn and viewed as an art. The runway shows are the artist's statement for the designers. In real life everyone shops at the malls and pretty much looks the same, so boring!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts