Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just started with Accutane two weeks ago and my lips are starting to brake down. Chapstick and lip balm are no longer enough to keep my lips moisted.

There is any medicine that helps the dryness?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
580 Posts
You can try raw Shea Butter, it is moisturizing. I use it at night and my lips are soft and dewy. You can also drink more water to increase moisture.

Or if it is cracked, try Neosporin, it is kinda of greasy so it'll keep lips moist while protecting your lips from bacteria.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hey everyone!

I just started with Accutane two weeks ago and my lips are starting to brake down. Chapstick and lip balm are no longer enough to keep my lips moisted.

There is any medicine that helps the dryness?

Thanks a lot!
Aquaphor!!!! I lathered this stuff on like butter. Especially at night. I kept a tube with me everywhere I went. It will get worse before it gets better!!

Best of luck to you-Accutane was the best thing I ever did for myself and wish I wouldn't have waited so long to take it!!!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Try Carmex, I think you can find it in the US.
Homepage
eeeewwwww NO don't use Carmex on lips that are peeling and chapped due to Accutane-it will burn the bageezies out of them-

mytwocents is this what you used? while taking Accutane?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Ouch!!! Carmex has salicylic acid in it along with camphor, and menthol.
Accutane lips need more of a healing ointment. Mine would bleed they would get so dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AQUAPHOR is the best for your lips. Vaseline works but sometimes your upper lip can get dried while on accutane and trust me, vaseline is another moisturizer that really breaks me out. Aquaphor is really good, doctors recommend you use it on babie skin

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
AQUAPHOR is the best for your lips. Vaseline works but sometimes your upper lip can get dried while on accutane and trust me, vaseline is another moisturizer that really breaks me out. Aquaphor is really good, doctors recommend you use it on babie skin
Yep, trust me if you are taking Accutane, you want to stock up on Aquaphor. It was the only thing that kept my lips from falling off of my face-

Results were worth it though-I am acne free-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts