Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so tomarow school starts and i have a big zit on my chin and i was wondering if there was any homeade product i could use on it...cuz this sucker is BIG.
well any help would be appreciated i have had it for like a week and its driving me nuts!!!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
is it a big whitehead? cuz if it is then you should take a long warm shower or bath to make sure the skin on your face is soft and moist and then gently prick it with a sterilized needle and g-e-n-t-l-y use two tissues to protect your fingers from your face and push inwards and out to get everything out. wash the area with facewash and water and tap dry. apply a lil tea tree oil and aloe gel when its all clean and go to sleep!

only do this if its really urgent and hurts to touch though!

·
Registered
111 Posts
do what starlite714 said. Just dont try squeezing it with your fingernails...it will make it worse!

If its not on the surface yet, then you can try using a heated cloth and holding it on the pimple. This sometimes helps to reduce it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
really? i thought that would make it more inflamed. they usually say hold a piece of ice. oh and to reduce redness TEMPORARILY you can apply visine red eye reducer on the spot. it really works!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks everyone i put a hot washcloth on it, then i put some honey on it, and the next morning it was gone!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had heard honey helps with pimples, googled it, and it turns out that i was right! tea tree oil works good too

·
Registered
357 Posts
what is the treatment for sun burn like brown skin-pls help & suggest home made madicin. - saroj
The only home made treatment I have heard of to lighten brown spots is lemon juice. You have to dliute it with water and apply it directly to the skin.

·
Registered
388 Posts
hey thanks everyone i put a hot washcloth on it, then i put some honey on it, and the next morning it was gone!
Hey that's awesome! The other choice is tea tree oil....if you apply it every hour....by the next day it will have shrunk atleast half the size. If you catch it in time....sometimes it's gone or nearly gone the next day.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oh yea.....apple cider vinigar gets AWESOME results as a toner....but becareful if you skin is very sensitive, you also should dilute it too. It acts as a natural AHA too.....but again, dilute it and maybe spot treat....but I know many girls WHO swear by this as their toner.

HEY GUYS....take a look in the skincare forum....I posted threads on oily, dry, combo and normal skin....common sense, care, herbs and more.....go check it out and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
360 Posts
ive tried doing that tea tree oil before^^
but it turned my skin in that spot scaly and peely. didnt really shrink it. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh yea.....apple cider vinigar gets AWESOME results as a toner....but becareful if you skin is very sensitive, you also should dilute it too. It acts as a natural AHA too.....but again, dilute it and maybe spot treat....but I know many girls WHO swear by this as their toner.

HEY GUYS....take a look in the skincare forum....I posted threads on oily, dry, combo and normal skin....common sense, care, herbs and more.....go check it out and tell me what you think.
damn girl... you been busy

·
Registered
388 Posts
ive tried doing that tea tree oil before^^
but it turned my skin in that spot scaly and peely. didnt really shrink it. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt!
Actually, it will dry the area out...which kills the zit...but sometimes it's to much if your sensitive to it.

The other thing you could try is pure aloe (get the actual aloe plant and use the aloe gel from their). Aloe can sometime seem likes it's drying, when actually it's making your skin heal itself....so you may feel or seem like it's drying up....but it's promoting your skins healing properties.

·
Registered
388 Posts
damn girl... you been busy
LOL....gotta keep everyone on their toes....just kidding. I'm a stay at home mother and ummmm....kids just went back to school.....and I'm a BIG SKINCARE passionate freak....maybe wrong wording, but that's me. Oh and the more mild, safe and gentle, the BETTER.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts