Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ondine, Im a new member, and I signed up to get the source of the hydroquinone 4%, I read in one of the forums that it is 15 dollars, thats a bargain for me since the one im using right now is 40 bucks, can you please PM me thesource/link ofthe seller? Thank You So Much

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
$40 was what I was paying too until I began ordering from this source. Not only that, the $40 tube was smaller than the one I'm paying $15 for! I'll email you the source today. Please stick around & share your experiences & results.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks, ttee; how's your lightening regimen coming along?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks, ttee; how's your lightening regimen coming along?
Not bad at all, got the mono and started using it last week. I haven't noticed any real difference yet but I only apply it once a day to see if there will be any reactions first before i proceed to double up so still on HQ4% AM and mono PM, I also try to sneak in some retin-a too here and there but that mono is just way too expensive girlfriend so i may never buy again if we don't find a cheaper source. I apply it on damp skin or sometimes when it's too cold to leave my skin damp, i just blend with a little bit of water and apply.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You can dampen your skin with very warm water & apply it area by area. This is what I do & I can do my entire body in 5 mins flat. You don't have to stand there shivering! Mix your Retin A & your HQ in an opaque jar & apply that once per day (20 mins after wetting your skin). This stuff must be applied in a regular regien so your skin can get used to it. I am really searching high & low for a less costly BUT safe source for authentic mono 20%. We all know that demand drives the market. Once these companies see that many people are senfding them inquiries & requests, more of them will be willing to supply it. Too many models & actresses & journalists I've observed over the years have gone from medium brown to almost white. This is no coincidence.

Google tina turner from the beginning of her career & look at her now. Check Diana Ross from when she first began singing in The Supremes & look at her now.
Check out Oprah from when she was in The Colour Purple & look at her now. She's rapidly becoming downright fair! CNN journalist Frederica Whitfield used to be brown. Now, she's almost white. I'd bet mono use is widespread but just not talked about in the western world due to social taboos. In India, China & Iran it is commonplace! There are many sources for mono in these countries where lighter skin is not a 'racial pride' or 'legacy of slavery' issue but one of social status! Being lighter in these parts of the world is almost like driving certain kinds of cars here. Others just lighten because it suits them better that their darker skin (the way some people look much better with a tan).

As soon as I unearth a less expensive source for mono, I'll let you know. Meanwhile, you do some digging too: between us, we've got to succeed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ondine, I know that Frederica babe is just almost white, was shocked when i saw her last time. Yeah, most of the stars look lighter now than they did when they first appeared, i wonder what they use. Hope we find cheaper mono soon, will keeping searching. LOL, you'll be the guineapig as usual though, u know u've got tougher skin. Have a good week SH

·
Registered
108 Posts
Keep in mind, folks, that some of the celebrities you see on the red carpet photos or on tv are being viewed through a camera. As a photographer myself, photographs are the easiest to polish and lighten. A photographer will post process a photo and not knowing exactly what color their skin is in the first place, not having it handy to reference, they make a stab at it if they pay any attention to it at all. They usually want the teeth and whites of the eyes to be white above all else.

The more light, the better skin looks to a point anyway. Dark complexions tend to absorb light, so a photographer must overexpose the shot (let in more light) right there, or lighten afterward. If the shot is in a magazine, the printer has to make adjustments also. As for live video, again they are lit up with tons of light which will affect how the skin looks.

I'm very skeptical of all photographs about skin lightening and wrinkle removal because I know just how easy it is to fake, even accidentally. Stars may not be getting lighter after all. With the exception of Michael Jackson maybe!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Keep in mind, folks, that some of the celebrities you see on the red carpet photos or on tv are being viewed through a camera. As a photographer myself, photographs are the easiest to polish and lighten. A photographer will post process a photo and not knowing exactly what color their skin is in the first place, not having it handy to reference, they make a stab at it if they pay any attention to it at all. They usually want the teeth and whites of the eyes to be white above all else.

The more light, the better skin looks to a point anyway. Dark complexions tend to absorb light, so a photographer must overexpose the shot (let in more light) right there, or lighten afterward. If the shot is in a magazine, the printer has to make adjustments also. As for live video, again they are lit up with tons of light which will affect how the skin looks.

I'm very skeptical of all photographs about skin lightening and wrinkle removal because I know just how easy it is to fake, even accidentally. Stars may not be getting lighter after all. With the exception of Michael Jackson maybe!
Frederica is a CNN news anchor, I see her everyday so i know for sure she is lighter and not that she is made to appear lighter. Yes of course, pictures can be deceptive but really it's just so obvious that some of the stars have altered their color, it's not photo trick.
I won't be naive to think that Micheal Jackson is the only star out there that altered his color, I mean comm'n. The things that these stars do their body to make themselves look better are unbeliavable and we all know that

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
sure!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm a new member, I tried to send it a pm to you odine about the skin lightener from canada and anything else your using (I seen that post in another forum) but I guess I have to post a total of 15 post to send someone a pm so I was hoping you can pm me. From excessive sun exposure my knees,butt,toes are 2 shades darker than my overall skintone I'm......eva pigfords complexion....so when I'm outside you can imagine my embarrassment when I'm wearing sandals and I look uneven.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Allhar, welcome.

I'm not aware Ondine's sources are from Canada. For HQ4% & RA 0.1% her source is superskinstoreATgmaildotcom from US; For HQ4% & all strengths of RA, alldaychemistdotcom

First source sells for 15$ per tube. They can fit 5 tubes in the pack for the same shipping. Second source is cheap BUT the shipping is higher. It is worth it to buy several at a time to offset shipping costs.

If you read around, you'll find reference to these sources.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
thanks again, Little Erin! You really got the info out there. This is something I like in this forum; how people readily share their sources. Some people are secretive & want to be 'the only one' gaining benefits & feeling like their in on something exclusive. By nature, I do not like exclusion because all it really means is keeping people out! What makes me more deserving of reaching my skin lightening goals than anyone else?

AS for the Canadian source, Allhar is referring to a post I'd made months ago when I test-tried an HQ cream from this company. THe product I received was so tainted & adulterated that it was unusable & inert. On several forums I lurked in, people were complaining of having been ripped off by them. THey've rebuilt their site & they're back up & running. I will not recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks Ondine. Yes, I do remember that Canadan source but the product was not authentic. How can we take down such? I mean, we should find a way to put such people off business.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow. Thanx you guys. I have been on a skin lightening cream hunt forever. And the ones that have used made those areas darker. Odine if I may ask, what is your regimen now as far as lightening your skin. And would these creams lighten hard to lighten areas.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I use:

Likas Papaya Soap (Asian stores or all over the internet. Mine's from Yollie's)

* I ran out of mono 20% last week
; I forgot to reorder...AGAIN!

In the meantime, I am continuing with a blend of equal parts of HQ4% & RA 0.1% 3x/day. The HQ4% lightens nicely & the RA 0.1% exfoliates nicely & lightens a little + goads the skin into creating more collagen

* As for mono 20%, I am struggling to obtain detailed info re the way it 'works' on the skin. As things stand now, derms know it does depigment, BUT different people can react very differently to it & they're unsure as to how or why. Some people CAN lighten all over, stop when they get to a shade they like & use 2x/week or so to maintain it. This is what I intend to do.

The problem is that most studies that are being carried out (in the West) are on vitiligo patients. Their skin & immune systems are not behaving in the same manner as that of an otherwise healthy person. Even with the patients in the studies, they are hard-put to find any 2 affected in the same manner with similar charactersitics (race, age, ethnicity, body type, medical history etc.) Finding clear & consistant data has been impossible! So far, from what I've read, the true horror stories were in people who used 40% mono or higher several times/day for prolongued periods. I kept it at 20% 2x/day on wet skin (further diluting the mono a little).

With the HQ4%, results are nowhere near permanent. A day at the beach can undo all the lightening. Results must be maintained by using several times/week & I wanted something more permanent.

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks again, Little Erin! You really got the info out there. This is something I like in this forum; how people readily share their sources. Some people are secretive & want to be 'the only one' gaining benefits & feeling like their in on something exclusive. By nature, I do not like exclusion because all it really means is keeping people out! What makes me more deserving of reaching my skin lightening goals than anyone else?

AS for the Canadian source, Allhar is referring to a post I'd made months ago when I test-tried an HQ cream from this company. THe product I received was so tainted & adulterated that it was unusable & inert. On several forums I lurked in, people were complaining of having been ripped off by them. THey've rebuilt their site & they're back up & running. I will not recommend them to anyone.
Wow! What a terrible experience. I just get so angry when retailers take advantage of people. We work too hard for our money, and out beauty!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I totally agree, beautytrix. What they do to people is completely unethical. With lightening products, it is dangerpus! Who knows whay is really in those products & at what concentration?

·
Registered
225 Posts

While human skin may look softer because of smoothing algorithms running on the skin tone area, skin tone may change a bit, comparisons of photos over the long period does tell us something. Global processing [on the entire picture] would not make the subject/person appear any lighter [because human eye sees lightness by comparing objects with the surroundings]. I doubt even local processing would do any significant change unless the photographer is intentionally processing it that way. Professional photographers are very much aware of all the details of sharpness, brightness and other artifacts of their photos. Even in real life I will appear fair, brown, wheatish, or a bit dark depending on different lighting conditions and the condition of my skin at that time. Still you can get a basic idea of my skintone. Your observation may be more applicable to the wrinkles. JPEG compression-decompressions and standard skintone softening algorithms do not erase all the wrinkles [as many before and after images prove otherwise]. You are right that the measurement of degree of the change may not be accurate based on the photographs. [Then again any other measurement will have a range of accuracy as well].

1 - 20 of 26 Posts