Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I sent you some messages, but it seems that you never sent a response.

I have my Retin-A and HQ, and I was unsure how I am to apply them.
I wanted to test a small patch of skin before I try placing it on my face or something.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone answer?

I don't want to get it on my hands when I am applying it to my face or something.
Since they are already light.. would it still be okay?

What should I do?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, I wrote you 2 long responses! I am surprised you didn't receive them. Someone else apparently did not get a reply I'd sent them either. Sorry for the glitch! I'll re-write a reply tomorrow as it is late here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I wrote you 2 long responses! I am surprised you didn't receive them. Someone else apparently did not get a reply I'd sent them either. Sorry for the glitch! I'll re-write a reply tomorrow as it is late here.
I am sorry!
I wonder what the problem was!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Morning HQ days:
1. Wash with the likas soap & pat skin dry.
2. Once dry, apply the HQ4% to the area to be lightened. No need to worry about your hands; the cream os only on your fingertips or palms.
3. Apply sunscreen 20 mins before going outdoors.

Evenings, HQ days.
1. Repeat steps 1&2.

Morning, Retin A days:
Repeat morning HQ routine.

Evening, Retin A days:
1. Wash with the likas soap, pat dry.
2. WAIT at least 20 mins before applying Retin-A. Do NOT ingore this step.
3. Apply a small amt of Retin-A to the area; go to bed.
4. After a day or 2 of Retin-A, you may notice dry flaking skin. This is normal & is a part of how Retin A works.
5. Gently rub away loose dry skin with a warm moist washcloth. BE GENTLE: no hard scrubbing. You may still have dry skin. Just pat on a little olive oil (or sweet almond oil etc) to alleviate the dryness. If dryness is still apparent, use a little Vaseline.

- Some people react badly to Retin-A. If you get a rash, severe itching, if it burns or turns you red, these are NOT signs that it is 'working'. Discontinue use! The concentration may be too high for your skin. Try a lower concentration.

- You should begin seeing some lightening results in 2 weeks.

Do NOT dilute the creams or otherwise tinker with them. The Manufacturer made them this way for a reason. If the HQ irritates you, try going down to 3% or 2%.

Alternate days as above. This routine worked well for LaDonna & it was working for me too: I am lighter than I was.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you use this regime on your whole body? I am assuming that you're using the small tubes of Hyd and Ret, if so how many tubes of this do you go through a month? Also, are you for example using a pea size amount and spreading that on one leg, then a pea size amount for other body areas such as arms, back, etc...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, I did this from the Beginning of Jan to the end of March. In April, I began blending equal amts of HQ with the Retin A & smoothing this blend on. It was even more effective that the previous method. Blending the 2 made them highly spreadable. Actually, I was good at making the creams go a long way so I did not go through more than 1 1/2 tubes of each per month! At 15$ per tube, it was downright economical. The more research I did, I began to wonder whether or not much of what I heard about mono 20% were just horror stories & urban legends. I spoke to people who HAD lightened successfully using it. So, approx 3 weeks ago I began using mono 20% on WET skin (to ensure an even spread & avoid blotchiness). In the 1st week, there wasn't anything to report besides dryness. Now, as I begin week 3, I can unequivocally state that it IS beginning to lighten & evenly too. Most of the negative tales you hear are from people mixing HQ with household bleach, lead or mercury. In these cases, it is the additives that are the problem: not the HQ. The same thing happens with mono. People abuse it. Some people even order super high concentrations like 40% hoping for faster results. What they get is disfigurement. Another dumb thing applying it 4-5-6 times per day. If these products are used properly, they lighten well. Since I want dramatic lightening & I want it to be permanent (HQ requires a lifetie maintenance regimen), I switched to mono.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts