Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choose your one and why.

Here's mine:

The theory of lightening in the winter should be KA-BOOMED! Lightening in the 'winter' is NOT going to help you out if you're looking to become lighter. Unless, you, just, want to be light in the winter. When it's cold out, the weakest creams can make you appear lighter. Then again, it may not be the creams at all, only the weather.

I have been reading this theory from people for a number of years and if only I could OBLITERATE it.

If you can lighten in the warmer climate/s, you know you have 'REAL' results. PERIOD.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually like the lightening in the Winter saying.

Why?

Because then it appears natural (if someone lightens to extremes in the Summer It doesn't seem right or natural, however since there are those people who can genetically lighten during colder months it seems normal that one who cant will appear natural), I myself do not lighten in the winter, it has no effect on my natural skin tone. If I received a 'tan' during the summer, it will not lift, it will stay and become my new complexion. When summer ends it will be easier for me to lighten, because I will not need to be in the sun daily. I can religiously use the lotion I created and wait to see lighter skin. Or decide if my product has failed.

Although, I do agree in some portions, skin lightening is a yearly thing. It should not only be done in the colder seasons. Whatever method I am using now if it works I will use year round. If not I will keep searching for new ingredients and ways to prepare what I am making.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lightening in the winter is a waste. Cooled blood can cause the appearance of lighter skin. Do it right and do it in the warmer weather.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wouldn't lightening in the winter be more effective, though? Less sun = less UV rays = less tanning = better lightening.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me, sorta, rephrase what I mean. Yes, lightening is year round, but some people think that's the best/only time to start.

I'm a 'results' person. Lightening in winter, to me, is like a mask.

·
Registered
395 Posts
well either way, you should always go out with spf on, but when i went to oz, i got 'ruel fox' black - although i have started this summer, hope that i may somehow acheive faster results in winter...?

·
Registered
395 Posts
for those who dont know who rule fox is....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Let me, sorta, rephrase what I mean. Yes, lightening is year round, but some people think that's the best/only time to start.

I'm a 'results' person. Lightening in winter, to me, is like a mask.
I disagree. I've heard a lot about how blacks and Asians in the U.S tend to avoid the sun a lot, but such a thing is unheard of here in the UK. I know I stay the same colour all year round, and so does everyone I know (regardless of skin colour). The change during summer and winter is almost negligible.

Consider this: lightening during summer would just eat up more time and money. More UV rays = more tanning. Applying a lightening agent and then going out into the sun all day is pretty much taking two steps forward, one step backwards. Lightening during winter would easily be more cost-effective, since there would be little sun exposure, and thus fewer obstacles to lightening.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I think the key factor in either season is avoiding the sun. This is easier in winter since most of your skin is concealed beneath layers of clothing. Those exposed parts must be protected with sunblock. Since I only began lightening in Jan, I cannot say for sure if there's a season that works better for me. This summer has been quite dreary so I haven't had to spend much time deeking the sun. This might be something that varies from one person to another & with one climate to another. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lighten in a perpetually hot sunny climate like Jamaica or Haiti.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I disagree. I've heard a lot about how blacks and Asians in the U.S tend to avoid the sun a lot, but such a thing is unheard of here in the UK. I know I stay the same colour all year round, and so does everyone I know (regardless of skin colour). The change during summer and winter is almost negligible.

Consider this: lightening during summer would just eat up more time and money. More UV rays = more tanning. Applying a lightening agent and then going out into the sun all day is pretty much taking two steps forward, one step backwards. Lightening during winter would easily be more cost-effective, since there would be little sun exposure, and thus fewer obstacles to lightening.
I disagree with you. Living in one of the hottest states in the USA, I know of lightening and seasons. Unless you live in a hot...... HOT......... climate, I'd suggest you mention a lightening myth you want obliterated.

Lightening in the winter is like a MASK.... HERE IN THE USA. I don't know how you all do it in the UK.

The way you can know if you've TRULY lightened is if you can stay lighter in the hottest weather and I've done that.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, 100% sunblock and 100% sunscreen are 2 different things. Sunscreen can leave a person slightly vulnerable.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Judging by your incredible photos, Goddess, I'm willing to give you the 'bienfait de la doute'. BTW, are you in TX or FLA? The sun can be brutal in these states. AZ gets hit badly too. How DO you maintain your progress in the summer? What are your tricks? Do you switch to a stronger compound ? I am interested in knowing how you do it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on the moon! Lol... I am one of those who doesn't, always, wear sunblock, too. I know<<
But.. High SPF and Nadinola 3% HQ. Nadinola is strong, but I'm liking this mixture. I'm lighter than I thought I was. I forgot I use dull lights. I've been in a number of different natural lights and I see I'm lighter than I thought. If only the DPG wasn't so oily, but hey!
I had taken a break from my mixture to allow myself to peel, but I'm back on it today and will deal with the leftover peeling easily(I think) with this DPG.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the info. So long as you're getting the results you hoped for, that is what matters. I forgot to use dull lights too & used daylight instead. Oh well..next time I'll do it right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts