Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi sense im 13 or so my skin has become excessive oily on my forehead/t-zone and nose - and reasonable(mild) amount oil on my cheeks, chin, upper lip. sense i was 15 i don't remember ever not having at least one pimple/blemish on my face. i didn't have a solid face care routine ages 13-16.. i also wore foundation and powder all over my face during this time to "perfect" my skin.

it seems so often my acne will migrate to another part of my face. it started out at my forehead then abruptly the acne migrated to my cheeks, nose area and t zone.then, past year or so it migrated to my chin and jaw line. each time it moves to a different part of my face, the previous problem area clears up.

in my younger years i used proactive for a year or so and one day i had to stop, my skin became EXTREMELY sensitive to the product. i had used as product from my dermatologist and it made my face irritated and red so i discontinued the use.

past 2-3 years: iv had a solid skin care routine using cleansers, scrubs, clay masques, toners, moisturizers, spot treatments, natural remedies and sun screens.
the clay masques are so great! they work best for making my skin smooth, tighten pores and remove "impurities", i can defiantly feel a difference after each time i use it

current skin conditions/issue:
i use aveeno and neutrogena products mostly now and they treat my sensitive skin good, i just cant figure out why i keep getting new pimples,whiteheads,blemishes,blackheads.
i break out right before my period too...

i eat alot of fruits but i also eat alot of food baked idk if thats bad. i dance regularly and im pretty bouncy about the house. i sleep with my face laying on a blanket or my hands, i this might have a great deal to do with this

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Acne is one of those things I don't think one will ever figure out. You either have it or you don't. Those that do or did are the ones that suffer through it, like myself. Those that have never had a problem with it, are very blessed-

Try using a cleanser with salicylic acid, and only twice a day. Salicylic acid is great for acne prone skin. Also, I would not use any kind of scrub when you have acne of any sort. This just aggravates it more and will only make things worse. Use an oil free moisturizer and try using a clay based mask once a week. Also, try using a silk or satin pillow case and change it often. If you still aren't getting results, see about getting in with a Dermatologist and see about getting a topical to apply. There are a lot you can try. Differin, Retin-A, Benzaclin, to name a few.

Best of luck to you! Eventually, you will find something that works for you, it is a matter of trial and error.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Speaking of pillowcases, I just received a set of satin pillowcases I bought from ebay for $10 shipped. Free shipping. Cant beat that. They feel super silky and 2 are perfect for when you want to wash one. I had used silk for awhile but had bleeding issues with the black color I bought so I thought I'd try these.

2PC SATIN SILKY PILLOW CASES SOLID BEIGE QUEEN 350TC - eBay (item 300351904698 end time Oct-04-09 23:44:24 PDT)

For those not up to speed on these types of pillowcases, they help prevent sleep lines due to being very slick. Also help your hair while sleeping.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I have all black ones. I change mine every other night, and wash in cold water, and don't dry them. Peri do we have to teach you how to do laundry?

I also am very selfish and don't let anyone else in the house use them-
only when they are nice to me-

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what "media" can i use to exfoliate? i also use an electric tooth brush on my face along with some cleanser or scrub.. is this to harsh for acne pron skin? it really makes my skin(cheeks&forehead) look a lot more radiant and smooth but i deff see how it could irritate my acne. i swear when i dont use a scrub exfoliate/micro bead wash, the dead skin doesn't come off of my face when i wash it with a regular cleanser like i could run my finger along my nose and it wouldn't feel the same way as it does after i scrub exfoliate..idk tho

iv heard about silk pillow caese and how they can help protect hair while sleeping..deff want to get one.

thaaaanks so much

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
what "media" can i use to exfoliate? i also use an electric tooth brush on my face along with some cleanser or scrub.. is this to harsh for acne pron skin? it really makes my skin(cheeks&forehead) look a lot more radiant and smooth but i deff see how it could irritate my acne. i swear when i dont use a scrub exfoliate/micro bead wash, the dead skin doesn't come off of my face when i wash it with a regular cleanser like i could run my finger along my nose and it wouldn't feel the same way as it does after i scrub exfoliate..idk tho

iv heard about silk pillow caese and how they can help protect hair while sleeping..deff want to get one.

thaaaanks so much
You really just need to stay away from the scrubs. Exfoliating is one thing, but a scrub with micro beads is another. No Scrubs!!

When I was battleing my acne, I would use a baby hair brush to gentle wash with. But not all the time. Maybe a couple times a week. Depending on how bad my breakouts were at the time. When you have acne, the less you aggravate it the better off you will be. Try not to pick at it either, as I know, this can be hard at times.

There are so many satin pillow cases. Shop around and just try and find one that is 100% satin. They are wonderful. I don't use it so much for the hair benefits, as I do my face. Hopefully it is working for both-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts