Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I just found this forum today and skimmed all 16 pages already! You are all a treasure trove of information.

I am confused over what my skin care regimen should be. I'm 33 with normal fair/olive skin and have a few tiny tiny wrinkles around my eyes and 1 very small wrinkle on my forehead. All of this came about in the last 2 years because I live in a place with a lot of pollution and I work ~90 highly stressful hours every week. Therefore, my routine has to be very simple and not time consuming. I normally just use Kiehl's moisturizer and my clarisonic (and sometimes put on hyaluric acid before Kiehl's), but think I need to do something more:

1. Should I go for a snake venom product?

2. Should I try a low % Retin-A product?

3. Should I add in some kind of face exercises, which I've just heard of on this site?

Any advice you can give me is SUPER appreciated, and I'll try to help with advice as I try things out...

THANKS!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't waste your time with that. Grab a wrinkle cream with Matrixyl, it's the best wrinkle fighting ingredient in the world, and the only one I've found to work on deep wrinkles. Exercises are a waste.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm afraid that I can't agree with you GoGreen about the facial exercises. They are not a waste. I have been doing them for the past 15 years, and they definitely have kept my face very taut. They will not get rid of lines, but will firm everything up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi - thanks - what is a good cream with matrixyl? Does Retin-A have that?

Periwinkle - I generally use Neutrogena spf 30 on my face because it's not greasy and I can put it on top of my Kiehl's, though I travel a ton for work and I don't always take it (I know... BAD) ~

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Hi - thanks - what is a good cream with matrixyl? Does Retin-A have that?

Periwinkle - I generally use Neutrogena spf 30 on my face because it's not greasy and I can put it on top of my Kiehl's, though I travel a ton for work and I don't always take it (I know... BAD) ~
No Retin-A is not related to Matrixyl. Retin-A is a superior to Matrixyl

Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments

If you use Retin-A, you need to be religious about sunscreen usage. Hopefully a good one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Periwinkle - your knowledge is much, much appreciated!

A couple of quick questions (thanks in advance):

1. Am I too young to start Retin-A with only very light wrinkles?
2. Should I start with a 0.025% cream, and only use it every other day?
3. Is there a sunscreen you would recommend instead of Neutrogena? I tried the Roche Posay (sp?) one last year, but it was gummy on my face

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts