Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive stalked sct for some time now and have been lightening on and off for a few years.. Ive had great brightening results with various soaps but have failed with retin a,probs because i get a bit too over excited, scrub and cause more problems for myself... And u guessed thats exactly whats happened now! When the peelies came i ended up using my exfoliating towel with very hot water and now mr arms have got darker :( I have read the forum and understand about exfoliating and peels etc.. But could really do with some advice on the best way forward.. Have been moisturising with evo and jergens for a week now.. I am thinking a jergens with la mix and dudu osun[ATTACHMENT=1329][ATTACHMENT=1330][ATTACHMENT=1331]image.jpg (1,742k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]/asantee three times aweek.. Will post some pics later.. Please help i have got dark patches and one arm darker then the other:( The first pictures are in varied lights, natural and outside and the last is in comparison to my leg in natural light

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so im thinking its gotta be lactic acid or glycolic.. Or maybe both, alternated? The darker spots look ashy if i do not moisturise, maybe they will?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok think im gonna diy an la lotion and diy vit c serum because my face is absolutely glowing.. Shame about my arms Anyone got recommendations of how to alternate between ga and la and at which concentrations...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Billyb2 seems like once you have allowed that arm to heal you would just start all over with the gentle exfoliation process. La lotion is great and vinegar has worked quite well in my lightening regimen at providing a gently exfoliated canvas. Mix apple cider vinegar with glycerin and water and spray your arm and then wait ten minutes or so before showering. Lots of dead skin will roll off and it will retain moisture. One of the most important things is not to get too aggressive. Its your skin forever. Don't abuse it just gently care for it and you will get results.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Billyb2 seems like once you have allowed that arm to heal you would just start all over with the gentle exfoliation process. La lotion is great and vinegar has worked quite well in my lightening regimen at providing a gently exfoliated canvas. Mix apple cider vinegar with glycerin and water and spray your arm and then wait ten minutes or so before showering. Lots of dead skin will roll off and it will retain moisture. One of the most important things is not to get too aggressive. Its your skin forever. Don't abuse it just gently care for it and you will get results.
Blueblood, many thanks for your reply.. Wow results with vinegar thats fab! I will defo try this I will be buying some likas and alternating with dudu osun, will make a diy la lotion with 88%la, as people appear to have good results with this.. Does there have to be precise amounts of the glycerin, vinegar and water?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Can I use regular vinegar its storming nd I dont feel like going out but I wanna try it
sure go ahead and try it with regular vinegar I usually do a one part vinegar to 2 parts glycerin and then fill the rest with water. You can play with the vinegar ratio to make it stronger if necessary. I've even used half green tea and half vinegar which works well also.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Oh sweet, I wanna try this vinegar spray tomorrow :) Ill do just about anything to get my knees to peel!! xoxo_CaramelGal

·
Registered
227 Posts
Blueblood, many thanks for your reply.. Wow results with vinegar thats fab! I will defo try this I will be buying some likas and alternating with dudu osun, will make a diy la lotion with 88%la, as people appear to have good results with this.. Does there have to be precise amounts of the glycerin, vinegar and water?
What percentage will you make your lotion? What products are you using for sun protection?

·
Registered
531 Posts
@Kaile, lmao, hehehehe, everytime I get a notification from this thread, I sing that in my head :p xoxo_CaramelGal

·
Registered
110 Posts
I tried the vinegar spray but I didnt get any dead skin that I could see maybe im to exfoliated already. I usually scrub twice a day until my skin squeeks. But it did seem to loosen up that film deodorant leaves and it was easier to scrub off. I will try it again with apple cider

·
Registered
227 Posts
I tried the vinegar spray but I didnt get any dead skin that I could see maybe im to exfoliated already. I usually scrub twice a day until my skin squeeks. But it did seem to loosen up that film deodorant leaves and it was easier to scrub off. I will try it again with apple cider
Scrubbing twice a day? Lol you may have no dead skin left to lift honey.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What percentage will you make your lotion? What products are you using for sun protection?
Hey, im thinking of doing goatladys mix with 88% la and jergens.. I practice sap have used various sun blocks/creams but struggle to get one with zinc.. I have seen a few on ebay .. The white cast on my arms looks terrible due to my pih.. Which would u recommend?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Billy No I didn't try it. I like Nini shower twice daily and use a scrub each time. So if it didnt work on her, im thinking it won't work on me :/ I have tried sea salt baths too and didnt peel at all. The only thing that has cause micro peeling on me is g&g peach lid xoxo_CaramelGal

1 - 20 of 34 Posts