Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I’ve read some of the reviews on here for IKB gel, and a lot of people said they had a good experience with them and it lightened them, but I’ve heard others saying it caused them to get spots or damaged their skin like HQ would. Is it safe? Does it contain harmful ingredients that we don’t know about? So, I wanted to ask everyone their updated and latest opinion on IKB gel if they have ever used it or know anyone who uses it. Also, any opinions on Mitchell Brands and their products as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The active ingredient in Mitchel brand gels is Arbutin. I am referring to the ones sold in the uk.
They are very potent and effective. Carotis gel will literarily have you peeling and very light. However , the lightening for me was u bit uneven. So I stopped.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The active ingredient in Mitchel brand gels is Arbutin. I am referring to the ones sold in the uk.
They are very potent and effective. Carotis gel will literarily have you peeling and very light. However , the lightening for me was u bit uneven. So I stopped.
interesting. is the percentage of arbutin in the gels high? and maybe that's why people get a negative reaction to it? im thinking of mixing IKB gel into my amlactin lotion and see what will come from it but im lowkey scared at how it would affect my skin. do you think that would work or are they not to be mixed? thanks for replying btw, means a lot.

·
Registered
331 Posts
@brownskinting
I mixed mine too and it was very effective. A lot of people have used it with good results and Arbutin seems very safe.
Like I said, I was very light but uneven. Maybe I wasn’t exfoliating very well. Plus I didn’t use sunscreen much at the time.
I would advise mixing anything with amlactin tho. How about you find a mild lightening base lotion. You can buy Ikb lotion and mix with the gel.
I think people like @mccartney anf myself have used MB gels with success.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@brownskinting
I mixed mine too and it was very effective. A lot of people have used it with good results and Arbutin seems very safe.
Like I said, I was very light but uneven. Maybe I wasn’t exfoliating very well. Plus I didn’t use sunscreen much at the time.
I would advise mixing anything with amlactin tho. How about you find a mild lightening base lotion. You can buy Ikb lotion and mix with the gel.
okay that sounds really great thanks!! i have actually tried looking for the IKB lotion but i cant find it anywhere! i thought it was discontinued. is it sold in the UK for you? as far as i know here in america i havent been able to find it at all

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I used this product in the past with good results but unfortunately it was discontinued

·
Registered
331 Posts
@brownskinting and @saucey
Have you checked their official website?
They have precious lotion too which is equally good.milk protein, omic, neoprosone vitamin c,clovate, carotis are all part of their Arbutin ranges. It all has gels and cream too.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
@brownskinting and @saucey
Have you checked their official website?
They have precious lotion too which is equally good.milk protein, omic, neoprosone vitamin c,clovate, carotis are all part of their Arbutin ranges. It all has gels and cream too.
Hi yes I check their site a lot I’m a frequent customer I’m just bummed out about the ikb the serum and gel was great, they still have the gels left but I was told this is the last batch and they won’t bring it back.. I’m not sure y companies do this every time a product is great they discontinue it same thing for the neoclear serum

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi yes I check their site a lot I’m a frequent customer I’m just bummed out about the ikb the serum and gel was great, they still have the gels left but I was told this is the last batch and they won’t bring it back.. I’m not sure y companies do this every time a product is great they discontinue it same thing for the neoclear serum
[/QUOT
Its so annoying when this happens.Its either they discontinue or change their formula . what do you think of carotis??might not be for you if you want a pale tone tho

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
@brownskinting

Yes it also made me reaally light.. i mixed precious nd ikb together..

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
wow, I can't believe they are getting rid of the IKB products. Are they rebooting the branding or something?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im going to fight them. wtf

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, I can't believe they are getting rid of the IKB products. Are they rebooting the branding or something?
girl i hope so bc ive heard great things on it and just bought myself some to try. it literally came in the mail yesterday but im still exfoliating so once i finish up doing all that ill use it in my amlactin mix. i hopeeee it does me justice and i need them to keep the products up so i can get more

1 - 20 of 54 Posts