Skin Care Talk banner

Opinions on IKB gel + Mitchell Brands Products

28K views 70 replies 14 participants last post by  PinotNoir 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I’ve read some of the reviews on here for IKB gel, and a lot of people said they had a good experience with them and it lightened them, but I’ve heard others saying it caused them to get spots or damaged their skin like HQ would. Is it safe? Does it contain harmful ingredients that we don’t know about? So, I wanted to ask everyone their updated and latest opinion on IKB gel if they have ever used it or know anyone who uses it. Also, any opinions on Mitchell Brands and their products as well.

#2 ·
The active ingredient in Mitchel brand gels is Arbutin. I am referring to the ones sold in the uk.
They are very potent and effective. Carotis gel will literarily have you peeling and very light. However , the lightening for me was u bit uneven. So I stopped.

#3 ·
interesting. is the percentage of arbutin in the gels high? and maybe that's why people get a negative reaction to it? im thinking of mixing IKB gel into my amlactin lotion and see what will come from it but im lowkey scared at how it would affect my skin. do you think that would work or are they not to be mixed? thanks for replying btw, means a lot.

#4 ·
@brownskinting
I mixed mine too and it was very effective. A lot of people have used it with good results and Arbutin seems very safe.
Like I said, I was very light but uneven. Maybe I wasn’t exfoliating very well. Plus I didn’t use sunscreen much at the time.
I would advise mixing anything with amlactin tho. How about you find a mild lightening base lotion. You can buy Ikb lotion and mix with the gel.
I think people like @mccartney anf myself have used MB gels with success.

#5 ·
@brownskinting
I mixed mine too and it was very effective. A lot of people have used it with good results and Arbutin seems very safe.
Like I said, I was very light but uneven. Maybe I wasn’t exfoliating very well. Plus I didn’t use sunscreen much at the time.
I would advise mixing anything with amlactin tho. How about you find a mild lightening base lotion. You can buy Ikb lotion and mix with the gel.
I think people like @mccartney anf myself have used MB gels with success.
okay that sounds really great thanks!! i have actually tried looking for the IKB lotion but i cant find it anywhere! i thought it was discontinued. is it sold in the UK for you? as far as i know here in america i havent been able to find it at all

#15 ·
girl i hope so bc ive heard great things on it and just bought myself some to try. it literally came in the mail yesterday but im still exfoliating so once i finish up doing all that ill use it in my amlactin mix. i hopeeee it does me justice and i need them to keep the products up so i can get more

#32 ·
It was in my mix of g&g cream and oil. I didn't have any side effects, that was the g&g which thinned my skin even while i was skin building so I stopped using it. I was layering the IKB on my face though, gave a pale rosy glow to my undertone but I'm a high yellow girl. I used it for about 2 months

#54 ·
I'm using ikb gel on my face now along with a niacinamide essence and serum. Hope it works.

#55 ·
Okay y’all so I added 2 ikb gels into my amlactin and have been using it everyday for maybe a week now. Still no differences but it’s too early to tell. I’ve been thinking of maybe adding 2 more tubes into it since it’s a 20oz amlactin and it’s only 60g that’s in there rn. Is that enough? I’m going to post my pictures once everything is done. I’ve taken my before pics and will post them along with my after pics if I ever end up getting results lol. Any advice on if I should add more or what I should do?

#58 ·
I've been using ikb gel + cerave SA lotion mixed together for my face for over a month now and I've lost no shades (after using a super strong lightener that I had to quit) so I say it definitely works! I'm still a 300 in fenty and I use that mix three times a week and rotate with the ordinary products.
I'll say the only downside I noticed is that I'm appearing more red on camera? it's weird lol I'm less pale/pink toned and more reddish/orangish which I'm not really a fan of!

#59 ·
How much ikb do you use in the lotion? And wdym by you lost no shades so you ended up not lightening at all? Thanks for responding btw :) this is the first lightening method I’m using I’ve never used any lighteners before this one if that’s a helpful piece of info on my background for the products I’m using

#64 ·
No problem! and yeah it does lighten lips and make lips pink! I use the the serum + gel but the serum is discontinued now :( but i think consistently using the gel alone will lighten it. I do layers of the gel and wait for it to dry then put a thick amount of vaseline over it for occlusion!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.