Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lightening on and off for the past 7 years.

To put things into perspective, I went from being a bit lighter than Mindy Kaling to Beyonce and now re-darkened but not back to original tone.

I'm sick of rubbing creams and haven't rubbed anything on my body for months.

I rub some on face maybe couple times a week but that's about it.

Can't be asked anymore but still want to lighten.

Bumped into this thread after some digging and it has been a real eye opener!

I have officially started my glutathione journey 8 days ago.

Here's what I'm taking:
  1. Jarrow reduced glutathione 1000 mg + 1000 mg vitamin c in the morning and evening.
I started with 500 mg on day 1 then increased it to 1000 mg for two days and then now at 2000 mg.

I plan to take 3000 whenever I can be asked but if not I'll stick with 2000 and I make sure to take it on empty stomach.

I know some people say to take twice the amount of vitamin c but I'm quite afraid of taking more than 2000 mg per day atm.

So far no adverse effects and I'm not seeing any changes in skin either.

I will try my best to post an update every 2-3 months.

Feel free to share your own oral glutathione experience on this thread.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hmm, as I get older, I wonder how long I will continue to rub lightening creams. and my priority has shifted from having super light skin to have healthy clear and glowing skin.
i will have to go the gluta route eventually. for now, I'm watching my skin closely, moisturizing more than applying lighteners.
i will be following your journey closely.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@havis Same here. Creams have done enough damage to my skin and I'm tired.
I know it's not the same case for everyone but I really don't mind taking it slow this time.

I'll be taking the pills for a couple months and get gluta vitamin c injections whenever my wallet allows.

As far as side effects are concerned, I've noticed that my stomach prefers me taking gluta on empty stomach.

Taking it within an hour of having a meal seems to upset my stomach a bit and I've also noticed my farts smell like death since I started taking gluta.:eek::eek::D:D

But I like to think that's my body detoxing! LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't planning to post any updates until after at least 2 months but thought I should share a quick one.

It's been 15 days since I started taking glutathione pills and I skipped 3 days.

On one of those days I had some gin, not much, at all.

Here's what I've noticed so far:
  1. Dry patches are clearing up. I had a lot of dry patches on my face that's starting to clear up.
  2. Skin is starting to feel smooth and soft.
  3. My lips are lightening up a bit. Not getting pink or anything but can see some difference.
Now all this could be a pseudo effect of reading too much about the benefits of glutathione but it feels like it's happening.

I rubbed cream on my face 3 times during these 15 days. No creams on body.

My body also feels more softer.

I'm hovering between 2000-3000 mg of glutathione per day with 2000-3000 mg vit c.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I will be following this thread closely. I am also tired of rubbing creams but i do not know if glutathione can work on me as my initial skin tone was very dark. What was your original skin shade if you dont mind sharing please? And where are u at now?

·
Banned
67 Posts
Combine it with vitamin c and msm, very good booster, I’m a rubber and they helped with my undertone and the combo will give your nails that fresh mani/pedi look. Also very bright eyes

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be following this thread closely. I am also tired of rubbing creams but i do not know if glutathione can work on me as my initial skin tone was very dark. What was your original skin shade if you dont mind sharing please? And where are u at now?
My starting shade was this pic below but I had all shades of brown in different parts of my body, especially on my back/inner thighs etc.

This is my current shade on my face, neck, chest, and sometimes my thighs. Inner thighs, and everything else has darkened but not as dark as before still.

This could be due to the fact I still exfoliate from head to toe with Korean italy towel once a week and use Kojisan soap.

As for glutathione, it's making me glow but no lightening yet. Tbh I'm not expecting fast results.

Will keep you updated x

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Combine it with vitamin c and msm, very good booster, I’m a rubber and they helped with my undertone and the combo will give your nails that fresh mani/pedi look. Also very bright eyes
I tried msm in the past but gave up after bad side effects like headache, dizziness, bloating, and toxic farts.

I took Doctor's best MSM.

I might try it again in the future but will give up if I experience side effects.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had my usual 1000 mg + 1000 mg vitamin c in the morning on Thursday and drank 2 glasses of wine in the evening. I'm the type of person who can get a little tipsy with 2 glasses of wine, and 3 would even make me vomit the next day sometimes.

I didn't feel tipsy at all, and woke up fine the next day. Had another glass on Friday evening. Same thing.

I know drinking can slow down glutathione lightening but I'm not gonna sacrifice my once in a while wine for the sake of lightening.

I love the fact it helps with hangovers though.

·
Banned
67 Posts
I tried msm in the past but gave up after bad side effects like headache, dizziness, bloating, and toxic farts.

I took Doctor's best MSM.

I might try it again in the future but will give up if I experience side effects.
Girl I totally understand. I forget the brand but when I first hopped on the msm train I purchased from this company and it was supposedly the purest form on the market . Omg it was horrible I felt like my life was being drained and I experienced all those side effects . I then came across kala health msm flakes, much more gentle I also mix it with the vitamin c powder in the same bottle. I do however still experience gas it doesn’t smell tho and it goes away after a bowel movement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I'm new..however I've been signed up before just lost my account password and had problems logging in for some years now.

I tried Jarrow Gluta with vitamin C in 2017. It gave me horrible. Gas. So I had to quit them😑

Anywho, I thought taking Gluta internally was a wasted effort because of stomach acids not allowing the Gluta internally to work via oral route🤔

·
Registered
10 Posts
I take about six pills of s acetyl pills and one thousand mg of vitamin c everyday.I take about two tbs of MSM and vitamin C every other day.So far so good.I ran out of Precious gel so I'm counting on gluta to sustain my overall complexion on my face.
Let's keep this thread going, guys:giggle:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anywho, I thought taking Gluta internally was a wasted effort because of stomach acids not allowing the Gluta internally to work via oral route🤔
Well, so far I'm happy with the way things are going with consistent use of glutathione.I have gotten several IV's and injecitions and they did not work.I was told to avoid meat,take milk thistle and invest in liposomal.I spent thousands and nada.Right now I've gone weeks without topicals (alpha arbutin gel) on my face and I haven't gotten any darker.I believe that high doses of MSM and Glutathione and Vitamin C are sustaining me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts