Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so anytime i wear makeup foundation, powder it always makes my face look pale and ashy like i forgot to lotion up or something.
ive used maybelline and loreal, cover girl.
am i doing something wrong not blending enough. is the shade (cocoa) im using the problem?
anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
580 Posts
You probably need a darker foundation. You should go to a makeup counter so they can help you find the right shade.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Her skin could look ashy if her skin is darker than the foundation.

I agree, most drugstore foundations only come in a limited range of colors. Go for the good stuff in a department store or Sephora...treat yourself - you will love your skin then!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I've tried a couple of Loreal' s foundations, True Match and the old Transluside, they tended to look lifeless and very artificial on skin. Maybelline Dream Matt was a plastic-cake too. I think that depends on pigments and base. Max Factor looks very nice on me, I liked Color Adapt (or whatever that 2 phase foundation is called that comes together with a base).
But I agree with fawnie, if drug store foundation does look wierd on you, give department store a try, Lancome, Clinique, Chanel, Dior, Guerlain and my favorite, Sisley.
Most higer-end make up looks better on skin and they tend to have more believable and natural pigments in their foundations.
You might want to try some illuminating powders and foundations, they make skin look very healthy and glowing. Dior excels in non-sparkly radiance products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts