Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My skin is kinda patchy and unsmooth. What would you recommend for fixing that?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Body - definitely try dry skin brushing. It's amazing how soft it will make your skin, plus it gets the blood circulating to help eliminate toxins! Must use a natural bristle brush (no synthetic ones).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is it patchy because it's dry? Like I've had problems with dry skin patches before (one particularly on my cheek) and I just use an intense moisturizer and it usually takes care of it in one or two days.

This is what I use in the winter: marykay.com/rcorey2/skincare/moisturization/10548800/10548800/default.aspx

Summer: marykay.com/rcorey2/skincare/moisturization/10549300/10549300/default.aspx

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's marykay.com/rcorey2 and if you go under skin care and moisurization it's the Intense Moisturizing Cream (pink jar) and the Oil-Free Hydrating Gel (purple jar) - great stuff!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe you should try a light lactic peel if you are not suffering from senstive skin. If really dry then continue hydrating your skin with occlusive products. These all will help with texture and patchy skin.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Maybe you should try a light lactic peel if you are not suffering from senstive skin. If really dry then continue hydrating your skin with occlusive products. These all will help with texture and patchy skin.
I have used products with 10% lactic acid in the past and they really do work well to smooth and even out the skin

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could you give me the names of these lotions with 10% lactic acid?

·
Registered
255 Posts
If your skin is rough and patchy can it be more than just rough dry spots?

I had something like that once and it requried a dermatologist.

Make sure you don't make your condition worse.

Sugar scrubs are also a nice way to slough off dead skin cells. They have some really nice ones at Whole Foods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Give Larson's Skin Care a try. They make two products, Cracked Skin Cream for more stubborn areas and Heavy Duty Lotion for more regular moisturizing. It has worked great for me. Even better, if you do not like it you can send it back for a full refund!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Give Larson's Skin Care a try. They make two products, Cracked Skin Cream for more stubborn areas and Heavy Duty Lotion for more regular moisturizing. It has worked great for me. Even better, if you do not like it you can send it back for a full refund!
Thanks for the tip. Btw, thats one unique name you got there!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys. I also think I'm gonna see a dermatologist on this one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts