Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up at her site, and I have been looking at her reviews of products. Does any one thing her reviews are accurate?

If she was not trying to hock her own products, I would tend to believe her reviews a little more.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Chunch, I'm sure Paula means well, but some of her reviews seem a little off. She patently states that facial exercise is bad without having ever given it a try herself. Those of us who do facial exercise can tell you otherwise: it is GOOD for your skin!! I don't pay much attention to reviews really since I like to try for myself....SHOW ME!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I read a fabulous book called "The Green Beauty Guide" by Julie Gabriel.
I have always been interested in homeopathy & natural products, and after receiving some fantastic organic baby stuff as a gift my interest (now obession) peaked, and this book caught my eye for $10 at Shopper's Drug Mart of all places. (Oh the irony!; p )

In in, she suggests that Paula receives incentives from some of the big make-up and skin care manufacturers for extolling the virtues of cheap & "tried & true products" - which is ofcourse appealing and reassuring to consumers. A win-win for her and them; people buy her book because she is, afterall "an expert" and then run out to buy a good ol' tub of Vaseline to remedy all their woes. I think Green Beauty Julie may be on to something ... : o

·
Registered
958 Posts
Paula Begoun likes simple answers and bold statements which has it's drawbacks. She has done a lot of research and are well worth listening to, but there are several points where I disagree with her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts