Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering whether i should try out the product. Has anyone used it before, how effective was it in terms of your overall health?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I know it is rich in calcium but I don't know if the body can use it in this form.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I'm considering whether i should try out the product. Has anyone used it before, how effective was it in terms of your overall health?
Give it a try. You won't know until you try.
Fawnie and I are both Pearl Powder users-
Which one are you looking at?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Give it a try. You won't know until you try.
Fawnie and I are both Pearl Powder users-
Which one are you looking at?
Oh great! How long have you been taking it and how has it helped you?
I'm hoping to purchase it, i just don't know where from, theres quite a few bogus sites out there so don't want to end up with some fake product.
My bold, how many types are there?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Gymrat, what are the alleged benefits of pearl powder & what has it done for you so far?

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Gymrat, what are the alleged benefits of pearl powder & what has it done for you so far?
My derm recommended it too me after taking Accutane. There are a load of benefits to taking it. For me personally I haven't had a break out since Jan, and for someone who battled acne for over 20 years, I will keep taking it, just for that reason.

Pearl Powder - Dragon Herbs

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the link! I just read the info re what this powder purports to do. It claims to treat virtually everything that can happen to a person. They even claim it 'improves the intelligence of children'. It would be interesting to see if there have been any independant studies carried out on oral pearl powder supplementation cupporting the extravagant claims made by the vendor. It claims to prevent 'nerve damage' & 'nerve weakness' as well as prevent hyperpigmentation. Before I try this one, I'm going to dig a little more deeply.

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I take a lot of supplements, this is just one of many. You just need to take what works for you. I am not one who relies on independant studies to be honest. I wouldn't be able to leave my house if I did-

If your into DIY here are a few good recipes made with pearl powder.
Pearl Powder Facial Masks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I take the supplements for skin clarity. So far it seems to be paying off. Also the calcium in it helps bone integrity.

Pearl Powder
Stabilizing mental status and palpitation, improving vision, retaining youthful countenance, antidotal and antifebrile. For infantile palpitation, fever, annoyance, bloodshot eyes, trouble of eyesight, thirst, insomnia, carbuncle and abscess, decline of organs. (Medicinal Grade Pearl Powder)

TCM physicians believe the calcium and other valuable minerals and amino acids from pearl powder can also be absorbed through the skin. They have found pearl powder, applied externally, speeds the skin's natural metabolism to tone and rejuvenate complexion, heal blemishes, minimize large pores and reduce redness. A pearl facial pack is said to rejuvenate dry, dull skin. CiXi, the last Dowager Empress of China during the Qing Dynasty (1644 1911), preferred expensive powdered pearl face masks to maintain her complexion.

During Ming dynasty the famous doctor Li Shizhen put in his medical book, Classical Chinese Materia Medica, the use of pearl powder for skin health: "Spread on face, lubricate skin and give good complexion. Spread on hands and feet, smooth skin and relieve chaps. Remove face acnes. Decrease secretion." (Cosmetic Grade Pearl Powder)

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
I take the supplements for skin clarity. So far it seems to be paying off. Also the calcium in it helps bone integrity.

Pearl Powder
Stabilizing mental status and palpitation, improving vision, retaining youthful countenance, antidotal and antifebrile. For infantile palpitation, fever, annoyance, bloodshot eyes, trouble of eyesight, thirst, insomnia, carbuncle and abscess, decline of organs. (Medicinal Grade Pearl Powder)

TCM physicians believe the calcium and other valuable minerals and amino acids from pearl powder can also be absorbed through the skin. They have found pearl powder, applied externally, speeds the skin's natural metabolism to tone and rejuvenate complexion, heal blemishes, minimize large pores and reduce redness. A pearl facial pack is said to rejuvenate dry, dull skin. CiXi, the last Dowager Empress of China during the Qing Dynasty (1644 1911), preferred expensive powdered pearl face masks to maintain her complexion.

During Ming dynasty the famous doctor Li Shizhen put in his medical book, Classical Chinese Materia Medica, the use of pearl powder for skin health: "Spread on face, lubricate skin and give good complexion. Spread on hands and feet, smooth skin and relieve chaps. Remove face acnes. Decrease secretion." (Cosmetic Grade Pearl Powder)Quote: Originally Posted by

Source: Effective treatment for skin problems and other spa products

As long as it is working for you is all that matters! What works for some, doesn't mean it will work for all. I like it myself, and I know many who do as well. There are so many benefits to taking pearl powder. Smooth skin, rejuvenates dry dull skin, helps with acne, the list goes on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it okay to take it with msm powder?

Also, how do you know you have the real deal with all the natural ingredients, rather than a fake one?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Does it matter what kind of pearls it comes from (fresh water, Akoya, cultured, grade of the pearl...). I wonder what those Tahitian black pearls would do-or simply mother of pearl? Anyone know about this?

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Are the capsules and powder as effective as each other?

Also, do you know which reliable sites sell it in powder form?
HappyEm, I have only purchased from Dragon Herbs. One reason is because I can go to their actual store that is in CA. I myself have never used the powder form, but I would have to assume it is the same as the capsule. I am sure you can email Dragon Herb and they will answer that question. They have very good customer service.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HappyEm, I have only purchased from Dragon Herbs. One reason is because I can go to their actual store that is in CA. I myself have never used the powder form, but I would have to assume it is the same as the capsule. I am sure you can email Dragon Herb and they will answer that question. They have very good customer service.
Okay, it's just that I'm in the uk, so I'm going to have to buy it online. I'll give it a try, emailing them.

Do you know much about Emperor's Herbologist, the site, in terms of reliability?

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Okay, it's just that I'm in the uk, so I'm going to have to buy it online. I'll give it a try, emailing them.

Do you know much about Emperor's Herbologist, the site, in terms of reliability?
Does Dragon Herbs not ship to the UK? If they don't maybe ask who they would recommend? I looked at Emperor's site, it looks ok. Try emailing them a question about the pearl powder and see what kind of reponse you get. Good customer service can make or break the deal for me. A reliable company will answer fairly quickly, and do what they can to earn your trust.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts