Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I used peau de lune to clear off my face because i had a tan. It worked great in 2 weeks. I lost 1 shade, then i stopped i had a severe breakout. I learned recently here on SCT that Peau de lune got tested by the french government and it has 9,7% HQ. So it's up to you to use it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used peau de lune to clear off my face because i had a tan. It worked great in 2 weeks. I lost 1 shade, then i stopped i had a severe breakout. I learned recently here on SCT that Peau de lune got tested by the french government and it has 9,7% HQ. So it's up to you to use it.
Wow, that's a lot of HQ, I'll stop using once my face clears up. Although I'm noticing some micro peeling on my face and hands. Did this happen to you too?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes that's a bunch of HQ. No, i didn't notice any micro peeling. I used it for only 2 weeks and only on my face so maybe it was not enough time to see micropeeling.
I just know that it cleared my face very well. I suspect the breakout was due to the alcohol in the product as it happened to me several times before with other products (some were even not whiteners ou lighteners) containing alcohol. It was in 2015.

Early this year 2017, (before i knew for the high HQ dosage) , i tried again to make a mix with peau de lune and GG (1 bottle of peau de lune + 1 jar of GG peach lid 300 gr). I used it twice the first day and that night i didn't sleep at all. I had palpitations, headaches and weird vibrations all over my body. I felt very weak. I was scared to death as i never experienced something like that. It was like i had waves of electricity flowing through my body.
I didn't knew what was the problem but i just did a peeling on my left arm 3 days before (so it was the fresh new skin there) and noticed that the vibrations i was feeling were stronger at this place so i suspected the mix peau de lune/GG. I ran to the shower to rid my body of the mix and threw away the jar. It alleviated the symptoms but i stayed sick for 3 days straight.
I guess the product penetrated my epiderm by my freshly peeled arm and caused some bad reaction in my body.
When i learned few months after that it has almost 10% HQ , all of this suddenly made sense to me.

I know some people have success with this product and i guess everyone is different, so i share my review based on my experience. For me, i will never use this product again.

Wow, that's a lot of HQ, I'll stop using once my face clears up. Although I'm noticing some micro peeling on my face and hands. Did this happen to you too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that's a bunch of HQ. No, i didn't notice any micro peeling. I used it for only 2 weeks and only on my face so maybe it was not enough time to see micropeeling.
I just know that it cleared my face very well. I suspect the breakout was due to the alcohol in the product as it happened to me several times before with other products (some were even not whiteners ou lighteners) containing alcohol. It was in 2015.

Early this year 2017, (before i knew for the high HQ dosage) , i tried again to make a mix with peau de lune and GG (1 bottle of peau de lune + 1 jar of GG peach lid 300 gr). I used it twice the first day and that night i didn't sleep at all. I had palpitations, headaches and weird vibrations all over my body. I felt very weak. I was scared to death as i never experienced something like that. It was like i had waves of electricity flowing through my body.
I didn't knew what was the problem but i just did a peeling on my left arm 3 days before (so it was the fresh new skin there) and noticed that the vibrations i was feeling were stronger at this place so i suspected the mix peau de lune/GG. I ran to the shower to rid my body of the mix and threw away the jar. It alleviated the symptoms but i stayed sick for 3 days straight.
I guess the product penetrated my epiderm by my freshly peeled arm and caused some bad reaction in my body.
When i learned few months after that it has almost 10% HQ , all of this suddenly made sense to me.

I know some people have success with this product and i guess everyone is different, so i share my review based on my experience. For me, i will never use this product again.
I'll be careful using it. I've added a few drops to Shea butter, using it as body cream for now..I'll see how that goes. I also use it on my knees and elbows and I've noticed they're peeling as well. My question is does HQ peel? I've never peeled with any HQ products before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
peau de lune

[QUOTE = Oneheart; 1537209] Salut tout le monde, j'ai juste la peau de lune, le Brown pour être précis. J'ai lu des critiques mitigées à ce sujet ici, mais ils sont aussi loin que 2014. Quelqu'un at-il utilisé ou entendu parler de cela? [/ QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey. I have been using lotion peau de lune, the brown one for the past 3wks now, I have very stubborn acne, I no longer have acne but I now have reactions and the scars from the past acne are turning red. What should I do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. I have been using lotion peau de lune, the brown one for the past 3wks now, I have very stubborn acne, I no longer have acne but I now have reactions and the scars from the past acne are turning red. What should I do?
The brown one is strongest one , you should have diluted it with rose water during usage . You can get rose water mix with hyaluronic acid to calm the redness.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts