Skin Care Talk banner

Peau Jaune 2023

8135 Views 59 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  tartryer
following Chocowhite on the peau jaune train. Using it for 2 weeks so far and I love it so much!

So other than now practicing patience. My skin have been slowly getting there

UNDERTONE TALK….
i realise that whilst my skin “appears” yellow undertone, it’s actually more of a peach undertone…maybe neutral even. I blush easily, my nose easily gets red and my skin becomes red if I scratch it (I’ve always had this problem). When I use Fenty 330- in natural light it seems to match well but at night with flash, my neck/chest which is 310 looks more peachy than my face with Fenty 330 (golden undertone) so it’s an odd match.

So was going to swatch the Fenty 320 which had peach undertone (but I’ve now heard it’s very orange and I’m still yellow toned). So I will try the 335 as that is more neutral. My goal is 310, but I’m taking a break from my neck/chest/face as these are lighter atm.

for my body - it’s been lightening up and is and since it’s winter it has time to catch up before I ditch the thick black tights.

I’ve been mixing peau jaune. No bad side effects so far except for some skin thinning (I’m becoming more easily red) so on weekend I take a break and use a mix of palmers body lotion, therapy oil and avocado oil and it helps a lot alongside my supplements. I also use a mild exfoliation LA spray daily (except weekends)

i shouldn’t have slept on peau jaune! It smells nice too…..not too sickly sweet and not a strong chemical smell. I’m actually thinking to also mix in the lotion too, or is that just an overkill?🤭🤭

***Edit: actually I just bought the peau jaune strong lightening oil - I am due to making another batch of my lotion and I will mix this in as well.

Body lotion
1/2 peau Juane body cream
1/2 peau jaune stage 2 serum
1/2 tube of 1% madacassol (for skin repair & soothing)
2 tablespoons of bio oil
*Now - 1/2 strong lightening oil

Face: previously golden face cream mixed with bio oil, avocado oil and cerave night cream
Now using F&W So White tube cream (EU version)

my goal (during summer)
Forehead Nose Face Joint Skin
Forehead Nose Face Joint Skin
See less See more
Reactions: 2
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Hello, did you purchase from the peau jaune from beautiebox.co.uk?
Sure this is what mine looks like - the cream was sealed but the lid was not even closed properly so it was a bit messy and the serums box had red border that said “super lightening” and stage 2. Stage 2 is not written on the bottle it seems View attachment 68164
Hello wow your skin looks amazing! Did you purchase your peau jaune from beautiebox.co.uk? Saw the background in the pic, I am interested in purchasing, can’t find it in Canada.

Sure this is what mine looks like - the cream was sealed but the lid was not even closed properly so it was a bit messy and the serums box had red border that said “super lightening” and stage 2. Stage 2 is not written on the bottle it seems
View attachment 68164
Where can I buy this cream??? I can’t find a legitimate site
Hi, did you find one?
Was tempted to buy this until I saw the main active is HQ. that's a no for me. For a cream to lighten you that fast, it means it contains high amounts of HQ, most HQ based African creams do anyway.
Anyone who wants to use HQ based African creams, will need to read the manual on how to use HQ and wean off HQ, there are threads for that here.
Did you order from that website? I’m interesting in purchasing too

Hello wow your skin looks amazing! Did you purchase your peau jaune from beautiebox.co.uk? Saw the background in the pic, I am interested in purchasing, can’t find it in Canada.
Did you order from that website? I’m interesting in purchasing too
I get it from eBay tbh but beautiebox also sells on eBay so I’ve gotten it from here on ebay in the past. I think she’s legit
Update;
Been using Peau jaune for nearly 5 months and I think it’s not effective anymore. I did a 15% full body TCA peel (i mixed 100% TCA into a liquid soap to make 15%) I did 4 layers, 5mins inbetween and boy oh boy when I say I PEELLLEEEDD I had skin going everywhere it was a mess. Anyway, my skin looked more even and also a bit lighter. My ankles are basically white 😅 now I’m keeping exfoliated with Amlactin (the green one. Will probs use the blue one next time which is 15%).

My bum and back can still do with some work but I don’t think peau jaune is as effective anymore for me. I know that some products are not as effective after 4-6 months esp. HQ so now I’m going to switch to using natural lighteners. So we’ll see how it goes.

Im inbetween Syacruse and Tahoe / Fenty 330 (probably NC44 or NC43) and I’m happy here. Just want to work on getting my bum and back lightened more. now I’ll be weaning to a more natural lightening routine. I’m using the papaya lotion (from US Amazon - I ordered it to the U.K.) and I will mix it with OMIC gel in my hands and see. My face became more glowy and radiant once I went natural but its so glowy now that I actually look brighter in the dark with golden undertones. Excited to see how much lighter I get with this lotion mix.

Brown Skin Liquid Eyebrow Bottle
See less See more
Also - I am weaning off HQ for my knuckles also. I did my 2nd 20% TCA and it worked well. More improvements to be done but will go more gently now using 2% alpha arbutin serum + weekly 30% LA peels on my whole hand (since my whole hand needs to be lighter)
I don’t know sorry I’m not from the US
Hello,
do you have a picture of the fair and white with no HQ.
Hello,
do you have a picture of the fair and white with no HQ.
Hi, it looks like same as all the rest of fair and white. It’s just the one sold in the EU or U.K. is non HQ
View attachment 68159
310 blended at the top
330 blended below
your skin is so pretty, what was your starting shade if you don’t mind me asking

Thank you! I was using golden face cream before, but I think it contains steroids Bcos it made my face so hairy! So I switched to So white tube cream by fair and white (EU version - no HQ) and that’s been doing a good job of continuing to lighten me, more evenly actually. I use it like 3x a week for maintenance
oh the F&W products with no HQ are safe and actually lighten?

also I have Piment Doux and it’s so clear it has HQ, I think I’ll only use it for the knuckles. I tried pe Jaune and it wasn’t as strong as Piment Doux. Conflicted
your skin is so pretty, what was your starting shade if you don’t mind me asking

also I have Piment Doux and it’s so clear it has HQ, I think I’ll only use it for the knuckles. I tried pe Jaune and it wasn’t as strong as Piment Doux. Conflicted
Piment doux is strong! It was tested a few years back and it tested 10% HQ.
How long did you try peau jaune? I just ordered mine jar I can’t wait to use it
Piment doux is strong! It was tested a few years back and it tested 10% HQ.
How long did you try peau jaune? I just ordered mine jar I can’t wait to use it
what, TEN PERCENT?! That is absolutely insane, that’s probably the reason for some my breakouts.

I used PJ for 3/4 months, it’s similar to PD but some days I felt a bit darker. Unlike PD, I didn’t breakout on my butt which would’ve been a sign that there’s steroids. I’m actually so disappointed

I’m trying to get on a new routine that’s healthier
Reactions: 1
what, TEN PERCENT?! That is absolutely insane, that’s probably the reason for some my breakouts.

I used PJ for 3/4 months, it’s similar to PD but some days I felt a bit darker. Unlike PD, I didn’t breakout on my butt which would’ve been a sign that there’s steroids. I’m actually so disappointed

Is the PD oily? I used PJ oil in my lotion and I mixed a whole bottle of the oil, breakouts EVERYWHERE! Back, chest, shoulder, never had breakouts here before. I put the oil in the bin and made a new batch without it and had to treat my breakouts with Amlactin lotion and some salicylic spray. Never again

Yes 10% sis… that’s hella strong. But to me steroids are worse than HQ and PD does not contain steroids. When using PD pure it’s best to do that on hard areas such as knuckles, knees and elbows. But for the rest of your body and skin it’s best to mix it with a NATURAL lotion or body it’s gives beautiful results but you have to keep it up otherwise you will get dark very quick! I don’t have patient to use a cream (PJ) for that long without really results but I guess I will have to try. I have to become lighter asap.

Sorry! I thought I replied!

my starting shade was NC50, that was my match before this whole game began lol. The F&W with no HQ is safe but it doesn’t really lighten, better for maintaining. I switched to it and I haven’t gotten lighter or darker, when I get tanned I use my HQ for like 3 days only. HQ doesn’t even work on my knuckles anymore smh now I’m considering dodo and piment doux mix
Is the PD oily? I used PJ oil in my lotion and I mixed a whole bottle of the oil, breakouts EVERYWHERE! Back, chest, shoulder, never had breakouts here before. I put the oil in the bin and made a new batch without it and had to treat my breakouts with Amlactin lotion and some salicylic spray. Never again
No PD isn’t oily, I’m not sure if it has an oil I’ve only used the serum. It works great and I use it with non-bleaching creams. I’m still struggling with my butt and knuckles though.
Yep, steroids cause breakouts or it may have been too strong

Yes 10% sis… that’s hella strong. But to me steroids are worse than HQ and PD does not contain steroids. When using PD pure it’s best to do that on hard areas such as knuckles, knees and elbows. But for the rest of your body and skin it’s best to mix it with a NATURAL lotion or body it’s gives beautiful results but you have to keep it up otherwise you will get dark very quick! I don’t have patient to use a cream (PJ) for that long without really results but I guess I will have to try. I have to become lighter asap.
I feel like skin is getting a bit immune, I’ve been trying more natural stuff with no results or little difference. I switched to Alpha Arbutin face cream and my face darkened. Maybe the % was lower than 4% I was disappointed because I want to change my regime

I don’t mind strong soaps though

Sorry! I thought I replied!

my starting shade was NC50, that was my match before this whole game began lol. The F&W with no HQ is safe but it doesn’t really lighten, better for maintaining. I switched to it and I haven’t gotten lighter or darker, when I get tanned I use my HQ for like 3 days only. HQ doesn’t even work on my knuckles anymore smh now I’m considering dodo and piment doux mix
ohh okay, you weren’t darkskinned
I did a 15% full body TCA peel (i mixed 100% TCA into a liquid soap to make 15%) I did 4 layers, 5mins inbetween
I want to make sure I understand this.
You mixed an acid(TCA) with liquid soap(like DOVE) and then let it set on your body for 5minutes before applying another layer , for a total of 4 layers?
How long did you let it set before rinsing it all off? Or... did you not rinse it off and just treat it like Amlactin?
I want to make sure I understand this.
You mixed an acid(TCA) with liquid soap(like DOVE) and then let it set on your body for 5minutes before applying another layer , for a total of 4 layers?
How long did you let it set before rinsing it all off? Or... did you not rinse it off and just treat it like Amlactin?
Yep exactly, I mixed it to make 15% TCA concentration and rubbed it into my skin (with gloves). So after 4 layers (5mins inbetween), after the last 5 mins (after 4th layer) I showered as normal. Don’t treat it as Amlactin! It’ll burn! Some areas (back of my neck) were tingling/burning already after 3rd layer - the more layers, the deeper the acid goes.
  • Helpful
Yep exactly, I mixed it to make 15% TCA concentration and rubbed it into my skin (with gloves). So after 4 layers (5mins inbetween), after the last 5 mins (after 4th layer) I showered as normal. Don’t treat it as Amlactin! It’ll burn! Some areas (back of my neck) were tingling/burning already after 3rd layer - the more layers, the deeper the acid goes.
Thanks. Though TCA won't be for me, I'll try something similar my with my trusty dusty lactic acid. I've never layered acids on before but I wouldn't mind trying it with some liquid soap.
41 - 60 of 60 Posts