Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hands have been peeling for the last 4 months and they haven't stopped. I've gone to the doctor and they said that i have hyperhydrosis of the hands. They prescribed just using an antiperspirant, but that just makes them dry and peel more. I also was prescribed beta-val but that isn't doing anything either. Can anyone help?

PS: This is really bothering me but it is especially bothering my girlfriend

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Try using pure shea butter or cocoa butter on your hands as these are very moisturising.

·
Registered
54 Posts
try neem cream....my husband had this on his hands also and neem cream worked wonders....get it at a health food store

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to put a moisturizer on your skin 3 or 4 times during the day. Put moisturizer on right after you wash or bathe. This will hold in the moisture from the water. Since you have very dry hands, put petroleum jelly on them before you go to bed at night and sleep with your hands in cotton-lined gloves.

Dry skin is caused by a loss of water in the upper layer of the skin. Emollients/moisturizers work by forming an oily layer on the top of the skin that traps water in the skin. Petrolatum, lanolin, mineral oil and dimethicone are common emollients. Humectants, including glycerin, lecithin, and propylene glycol, draw water into the outer layer of skin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts