Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm an 18 year old male and I do have eczema which hasn't troubled me recently compared with the past few years, however in the last month my ring finger has lost its top layer of skin and has a very shiny and red appearance - the tip is the worst.

When I noticed it when it wasn't too bad I started using my HC45 cream to try and help it but to no avail; I also used multiple moisturizers (primarily E45) but still nothing.

I left it for a few weeks and today it has got to me and after buying HC45 again and using it again my finger became very itchy - I did scratch it unfortunately but at this point I really didn't think it could become any worse anyway.

I'm going to book an appointment with my doctor soon but I was trying to research the reason behind this - especially why it's just happening to one finger (it's also on the ring finger on my left hand too).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same thing. It started on one finger, moved to the ring finger of my other hand. Then the rash spread, but only on the palms of my hands. Finally went to my dermatologist after 2 months. Chronic eczema. He prescribed a .5% corotozone and it disappeared within 2 days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts