Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to warn everyone NOT to do a spray tan when you have done a glycolic or TCA peel or any kind for that matter--even after things seem to have healed!

I did a pretty deep glycolic on my arms, got a spray tan which I was very worried about due to previous issues, then after having the spray tan my fears were realised!

This tan, Versa-Spray, is actually really good. On my body and areas I did not peel, even on the arms, the tan looks natural is pretty much brown and nice and even. On my arms where I had peeled I feel like I just threw away 40 dollars! My arms are orange/brown/stained colour and I have flaked off on patches making me look like I have vitiligo! It is NOT pretty and just sits on there now and I have to wait until it peels off!

Anyway thought I would warn everyone since there are quite a few peelers here and many self-tanners. It is not fun but I do see that this time it was me and not the self-tan itself. I guess the skin is still really shedding even after it appears to have calmed.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Lexi, I'm sympatizing, tanning is really over for you or will you wait and start again later when you are done with the peeling? Thanks to let us know!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For now I look better white than I do with the spray. I love how most of it looks actually as I look as brown as before but now the peeling, as of this morning, has happened all over both arms. The problem is where it takes is SO brown because when a fake back peels from exfoliating skin, the areas left are MUCH darker than the underlying skin. I look like a bad case of vitiligo now. Honestly I am waiting to be done with the peel then I am going to go to the beach and get some natural colour but in moderation. I will not "bake" I will use block and enjoy the beach and get some moderate colour through the end of summer at which point I will resume peeling and such. I just feel like being 100% against anything is not healthy especially when I am not just sacrificing the colour but also enjoyment of outdoor activities. I am going stir-crazy running from place to place to get cover and trying to avoid the sun. I know not everyone would agree but the amount of sun-even with block, which I get is unhealthy without having a base tan. I live in the tropics to be this pale is as dangerous to me as is having a light tan using sunscreen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts