Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to introduce myself, as this is my first post. And thank, Ondine, Goatlady and Sandia for all the encouragement. It made me order and use the 50% glycolic after the dermatologist told me it was a 4 month wait for an appt. I also ordered the 12.5% TCA, but I'm working up to that. thank you ladies for your time.
Has anyone tried Perfect Complexion, "Perfect TCA Peel"? I've been using Makeup Artists 50% Glycolic for the past few weeks and I am happy with it, but the idea of this working over the weekend appeals to me. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I just ordered the Perfect Complexion TCA Latte. It should arrive any day now. This one if I understand correctly can be used more often without the down time. I have been researching her products for about a week now. I wanted to "test" it out before I posted anything here about it. She has several levels of TCA and I will eventually try them all I am sure. I love the 18% I got from MUAC for very stubborn spots and have used it mostly as a "spot peel" for age spots, large freckles etc. I will post my thoughts on the TCA Latte as soon as I use it and get results.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mony, I'm from Atlantic City NJ, but I come up to mississauga about twice a year. Aunt & cousins live there. We all love it and have a good time

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goatlady, looking for your response on the latte. I want to buy my s-i-l a birthday present and can't decide between the perfect complexion or the makeup artists, which I'm using at your recommendation. I've used the 50% glycolic twice and I am flaking (flaky, too)

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Yes I used the glycolic peels for about 2 years before moving to something stronger ( TCA ) now I want to try the "daily" type of peels and see how that works then move up VERY VERY slowly. I will post my thoughts on the Latte. I think she is sending me a sample of the stronger peel also. Once you are done with your flakies you will see smoother more glowing skin. You are shedding that dead layer on top. Your make-up ( foundation ) will just glide on ( if you use it ). My goal is to hopefully have such flawless skin I won't need foundation just a sunscreen.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Goat I hope you have good luck with the peels. You are a brave one!
I tried the Latte peel and it didn't do anything for me! Honestly Green Cream does a better job of exfoliating, even tho it's retinol.

I know ppl rave about the TCA Peels, but they scare me!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Goat I hope you have good luck with the peels. You are a brave one!
I tried the Latte peel and it didn't do anything for me! Honestly Green Cream does a better job of exfoliating, even tho it's retinol.

I know ppl rave about the TCA Peels, but they scare me!!
Come on fawnie!! do a TCA peel. We can do it together. But I have to wait for fall. So that gives you 2 months or so to prep for it. You don't have to do a strong one if you are that afraid. You do have options.
We can do it on the same day and go through it and be miserable together.

Doesn't that sound fun?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
The Latte will probably be too weak for me. One lady said she layers her's doing several coats then one at night. I will probably still do the 18% later on when it cools for sure. Fawnie I was scared also. Waited 2 years before doing TCA. I think with all the retinol and retin you have used your skin would probably do well with a 15% solution with one layer to start. But if you have spotless skin and happy with it then I wouldn't bother, but I am not quite there yet but I sure have progressed with the TCA/glycolic peels.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
If she sends me the stronger peel as a sample I will probably use it then use the Latte as an expediter. Many do it that way. Trial and error is the only way I have learned how my skin will react to certain products.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I don't think anyone is spamming here this time but there sure has been a "rash" of them of late.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
No you are right there was one by a "yaz" where he clearly adveritses, I guess someone removed it? cause it vanished.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
No way am I doing a DIY peel!! I'm good with my Green Cream, etc. I'll leave that for the ones who know what they're doing....I've heard enough ppl freaking out after frying themselves on other boards!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
No way am I doing a DIY peel!! I'm good with my Green Cream, etc. I'll leave that for the ones who know what they're doing....I've heard enough ppl freaking out after frying themselves on other boards!
I will come DI4U then it won't be a DIY peel. How about that-
I promise I wouldn't fry your face.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Nonono! That's OK....! They scare me! Do we really *need* strong acids on our skin???? I'm a little leery of radical treatments when my skin is really OK anyway. I really ruined it for a while with Copper Peptides and learned my lesson!! For me anyway gentler is better. Some ppl love peels though....go for it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm with you Fawnie....i am totally scared of DIY peels. Can't stand the thought of my skin being shiny, tight, brown, crepey & peeling !!!
and the burning and itching!!!
not for me anyway...Glad to hear that it works for all of you but I'll stick to my Green Cream and an occasion Microdelivery Peel from Philosophy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts