Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Some years ago, I saw a woman on a talkshow who had got make up tattooed on her face. Her eyelids were blue, as if she had eye shadow on. her lips were red as if she had permanent lipstick. Her cheeks looked as if they were permanently rouged.

How safe is it to do this? what are the risks? I would never go in for a tattoo on my body but the idea of having colors tattooed on my face appeals to me since it means I will never have to use make up, with all its irritating chemicals. The idea of having EYELIDS tattooed sounds too scary and painful though.

Has anyone tried this? Can anyone recommend any good doctors who do this kind of procedure? What precautions should be taken? I was wondering if it would be safe to do just the lips and cheeks. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Permanent make-up is getting more popular, but I've never heard of anyone getting their cheeks done -- just eyes, eyebrows, and lips. It's exactly the same as getting a tattoo.

Derma Health Institute has more information on this, as well as some top-notch doctors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
Some years ago, I saw a woman on a talkshow who had got make up tattooed on her face. Her eyelids were blue, as if she had eye shadow on. her lips were red as if she had permanent lipstick. Her cheeks looked as if they were permanently rouged.

How safe is it to do this? what are the risks? I would never go in for a tattoo on my body but the idea of having colors tattooed on my face appeals to me since it means I will never have to use make up, with all its irritating chemicals. The idea of having EYELIDS tattooed sounds too scary and painful though.

Has anyone tried this? Can anyone recommend any good doctors who do this kind of procedure? What precautions should be taken? I was wondering if it would be safe to do just the lips and cheeks. Thank you.

Hi

I would not really suggest going in for permanent make up tattoos.
One they are a bit painful and risky if you plan to get it done on your eyelids.
Moreover, you can not be sure that you would like the make up all through. ther can be times when you want to get rid of the eye liner or just go natural with your eye shadows.

I suggest you go in for skin care products that work towards enhancing your beauty naturally. You might want to try Jan Marini Age Intervention Mascara

·
Registered
2 Posts
Permanent makeup is fantastic for those who are very fair. My eyebrows and eylashes (and hair) are a pale gold\\blonde colour. Without makeup I look like a startled chicken! Permanent makeup has solved the problem - a quick lick of mascara - and then out the door :)

You MUST check the qualifications (certificated training) of your clincian\\therapist and how long she has been doing permanent makeup. Experience is all - mine had 5 years vbefore I went to her: I have never had any problems at all after treatment.

Yeah it is sore (good therapists will apply effective topical anathestic) - but as the French say "One has to suffer for Beauty"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would never do that..what if that kind of eyeshadow goes out of style, or you just get sick of it?!??
Neither would I do eyeshadow! Just get eyebrows tattooed to match hair colour, pale pink lip liner and eyeliner (top and bottom).

My Clinician does not like the effect of eyeshadow, cheek blush, and completely filling in the lips. Believes not effective unless done repeatedly - and then can look "odd". There are always some who "go over the top".....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've heard this is not such a good idea because as you age your face changes. So your tattooed eyebrows may look great when you get them done, but five or ten years later when you're a little saggier, you can end up looking a little....off. haha!
I DO like getting my eyelashes tinted black though. ; )

·
Registered
168 Posts
I could never do that. I like to change things up time to time. CaliGal has a good point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have my permanent eyeliner done and a lipliner. I'm really happy, although usually I put my make up on, but when I'm wihout make up - I look brighter. It's permanent, but don't think this is like tatoo. Permanent make up will fade. Fading can come more quickly if you are often in the sun, exfoliate your skin, etc.
I don't think that it's a good idea to do eye shadows or blusher, because as I said it will fade, and when it will start happening - colour will become not even, you might find stripes/patches of colour on your face, it means you will have to re-do it more often. That's my opinion.
Painful? Yes, specially lipliner, although local anaestetic was applied. Eyeliner - wasn't bad at all.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Umm..what if you didnt like it? :/ Also wouldnt it get a bit boring wearing the same colour on your eyes/lips for the rest of your life? I get fed up so easily that thought scares me *shudders*
Also, as CaliGal said your face will drop as you get older. You'd end up withyour eyeshadow all the way down your face :s
And i have a tattoo on my wrist and that hurt. It goes through me to think of getting your eyes and lips tattooed. eww :/

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree with Caligirl. Your face does change over time so whats look one way today will look completely different in ten years. Also my friend got her eyebrows done and one was totally higher than the other. scary.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That's funny because I just yesterday went for a consult for permanent eyebrow application ("Micropigmentation", but a tattoo nonetheless). The esthetician had had her own brows done 13 years ago and *gawd* that stopped me right then & there>>>>they were charcoal grey/bluish and NOT natural looking at all. They looked blurred, as if some child had used powder to apply eyebrows to her face. So, no, I wouldn't want anything that permanent on my face! As said already, who knows how time will affect the tattoos?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1 Posts
you need to find an artist who does permanent makeup and that they have been doing it for awhile. make sure they are trained and the can show you pictures of their work. Possibly even speak to some of their clients.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually had my eyebrow and eyeliner done about 10 years ago and have been happy with the results. One thing did happen as the black color faded the color became blue so do not have them tatooed black better dark brown that is if you are a burnett. I plan to get them redone in the next few years and go with dark brown.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I had wanted the lower lids only half (always looks nice even when in bed and want to go natural from centre of iris outward) and in a kohl black but then I heard of running and blurring and like Fawnie saw a bad result---the saleswoman!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Diana, I'm so glad you mentioned this. i've been tempted to get my eyebrows done and was wondering if anyone had it done. On this thread it appears everyone who had it done is happy. I'm waiting for the fall, though

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The pigment tattooed into the skin changes color with time...sometimes turning a blue-grey color...so be prepared to have it done again in time! Not a good option from the results I've seen: It most definitely is very noticeably unnatural!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually there's this product called Princess Pinki Magic Pink Cream, it turns your cheeks and lips pink instantly and the pinkness lasts for a few days and resist washing, eating, drinking etc. Made of natural plant extracts, no chemicals. And apparently the treated area will be pinkish with prolonged use, so no need to touch up blusher and lipstick anymore. can search princess pinki.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts