Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Devita for face, Devita for body, Burn Out, Eco Face.

All are high zinc oxide sunscreens (the best for blocking out tanning rays) and do not leave a white cast. Reapply every 2 hours if out in the sun, but, of course, it's best to avoid the sun.
Thank you

Is the products I am using a good selection?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yes, they look good! And you might also want to add an exfoliator. Some people do weekly 40% lactic acid peels. Other people use a daily lotion of 10-15% lactic acid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, they look good! And you might also want to add an exfoliator. Some people do weekly 40% lactic acid peels. Other people use a daily lotion of 10-15% lactic acid.
Awesome thx again

One more thing >.<, what time period realistically will it take to see 2-3 shades lighter? I am hoping to be a couple of shades lighter within 5 months is this doable?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
That sounds realistic.

Do you have the 2% Nadolina or the 3% extra strength? Obviously, the higher one would be a bit better. Also, many people mix equal parts of the HQ and Retin A at night, which drives it deeper into the skin. However, this is a lot of acid (kojic, lactic, HQ and Retin A) if your skin isn't accustomed to it. You might want to build up gradually. One of the worst things you can do is overdo the acids and create burns, because that will trigger PIH.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That sounds realistic.

Do you have the 2% Nadolina or the 3% extra strength? Obviously, the higher one would be a bit better. Also, many people mix equal parts of the HQ and Retin A at night, which drives it deeper into the skin. However, this is a lot of acid (kojic, lactic, HQ and Retin A) if your skin isn't accustomed to it. You might want to build up gradually. One of the worst things you can do is overdo the acids and create burns, because that will trigger PIH.

Good luck!
I am using the extra strength one, I have read the forums and seen similar comments to this one I will make sure to be safe and slowly build up. Will this regime also improve the quality of my skin as well as lighten?

Sorry for asking questions this is the first time I am attempting to lighten.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
^^Your link is a book, i didn't see any lightening products or procedures for permanent skin whitening

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
What link?

There really are no permanent products or procedures for skin whitening for those with normal skin.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The only thing that can permanently whiten skin is monobenzone. Caro light is a lightener not a whitener and it is not permanent. It contains hydroquinone which slows the production of melanin. Monobenzone permanently removes the pigment and you will lterally turn white. It is meant for people with vitiligo. I would not recommend this
Monobenzone is another name for Hydroquinone.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts