Skin Care Talk banner

Permenant Tan?

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  PrettyGirlNae 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Is such a thing possible? I was born very light skinned and remained that way until I moved to a Gulf country in the ME (around the age of 4): this was my skin tone (photo is of me when I was 4)
White Yellow Brown Atmospheric phenomenon Beige

I almost never wore sunscreen and always played outside, did PE lesson outside in 30-40 degree celsius heat for 1-2 hours every week from the ages of 5-16, walked outside during the hottest hours of the day w/o screen protection etc.

This is the darkest I've been: age 13
Orange Yellow Brown Red Peach

Slightly less darker/tanned (photo of me when I was 14/15):
Skin Leg Close-up Lip Joint

After that, I wore hijab and so my torso, legs (sometimes except for my calves),my upper arms, most of my forehead and surrounding face region were always covered. I'm now 18 and slightly less tanned (still haven't started to wear sunscreen). My legs in particular are quite less tanned then my face (darkest region of my body). This is my current face complexion:
Pink Red Skin Peach Close-up
slightly less darker than when I was 14/15.

I'm moving to the US for college this year and won't be exposed to harsh heat anymore. If I start to wear sunscreen, exfoliate (never done it before) will I be able to get rid of my tan? Or has my lack of screen protection for the past 14 year permanently made me a darker skinned?

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
@PrettyGirlNae Will an exfoliating scrub from the body shop do? That's probably all I'll be able to find where I live. I won't be able to order online (well until I go to the US).
@Ikkl Do you have a place where you can purchase Dead Sea salt? If so get some of that and do two soaks a week 30 minutes up to an hour. Is there a way you can get your hands on some exfoliating gloves? Matter fact you said you can get a scrub that will work just as good too. Lastly, do you know where you can get some Kojic acid soap or Likas papaya soap? (Some time of exfoliating soap)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.