Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! So I have an area on my face--around my eyebrows, and the center of my forehead--that seems to always be flaking off! I've tried scrubbing my face often, I've tried (and currently am) using a moisturizer everyday (sometimes more than once), and doing both at the same time. But it's still flaky, and is especially noticalble if I wear make up (I don't wear make up everyday, but I have been wearing it more lately).

Any thoughts or ideas on what could be behind this, or at least what could get rid of it? Eyebrow dandruff is definitely not attractive.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have u tried cetaphil moisturizer for dry skin and all oil of olay body butter plus body wash. These two products are great for dry skin

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Hi there! So I have an area on my face--around my eyebrows, and the center of my forehead--that seems to always be flaking off! I've tried scrubbing my face often, I've tried (and currently am) using a moisturizer everyday (sometimes more than once), and doing both at the same time. But it's still flaky, and is especially noticalble if I wear make up (I don't wear make up everyday, but I have been wearing it more lately).

Any thoughts or ideas on what could be behind this, or at least what could get rid of it? Eyebrow dandruff is definitely not attractive.
I have battled with this a few different times, usually in the beginning of winter. Although mine definately doesn't look like any of the pictures in fawnies link to Seborrheic Dermatitis, mine was more just flaky skin, dry skin, if you will. No redness, or anything other than dry flaky skin. My derm told me to apply a little Nizoral A-D (dandruff) shampoo, let it set for a few minutes and rinse it off. I did this every other day, and it worked great. As long as your skin isn't red or irritated. Nizoral A-D worked for me, but you could also try others like Selsun Blue, or Head and Shoulders.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had a huge problem with dry flakey areas and tried all sorts of creams and Dermatologist prescribed stuff. What finally worked for me was to apply 2-3 drops of Rosehipseed oil on a damp face then apply fragrance free moisture cream, I've tried other oils but the Rosehipseed one works best for me especially in the winter. I get my oil from either Garden of Wisdom or Rosacara UK both are high quality oils which does make a difference. I spent an absolute fortune on different things and visits to the Dermatologist but this simple routine has worked wonders.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Thanks for that tip with the Rosehip seed oil. I have some as well, and will try that next time my brows decide to be flaky.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had a bout of this type of condition several year's ago -- never thought it was dandruff related because I never had dandruff. Not being too savy on cosmetics I used baby oil, then olive oil; I don't know whether these oils were a cure but the condition eventually went away. (don't scrub your face so much, you're drying out your skin)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts