Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this problem for years, but haven't really wanted to tackle it until now. My entire nose is covered in blackheads. They aren't painful, but the pores on my nose are larger so they are more likely to trap oil and so my entire nose is pitted with the pesky buggers.

I'm not quite sure which course of action to take. Should I open them up with some type of cleanser, clean them out with a strip, use a toner afterwards? Any ideas would be very much welcome!

Thank you all in advance

Abby

·
Registered
7 Posts
The key is to exfoliate. I personally LOVE the Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid or gel (depends on your preference) it's awesome! you can use on your whole face and it rocks for attacking blackheads! Start by using it every 3 days, than 2 days. If used 2 x's a day because I know you'll love the result, that's over kill, you will peel & dry out. And it's reasonable priced...not Organic, unfortunately but a product none of my clients go without!

AND..it's topical, you do not rinse off and goes down your drain doing absolutely nothing for your problem.

It's about $19.00 a bottle. Don't forget your Antioxidant serum to follow!! Keeps pollution & dirt off your face. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Clay masks and Salicylic Acid to prevent the pores from clogging up with so much junk.I dont think you can stop it totally though. That's the way the skin works. An occasional facial? I like Mario Badescu Temporary Lifting Mask and Cucumber Tonic Mask. Makes the pores tight and the skin smooth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would recommend Bentonite Clay

Contains more than 70 trace minerals, but its unique healing ability comes from the clay's negative charge. The negative charge of bentonite is responsible for its amazing detoxifying properties: as a magnet for the toxic elements in our body - heavy metals, pesticides, and free radicals - which are positively charged efficiently absorbent and drawn into the porous surface of the clay. When mixed with water, bentonite 'swells up' (this is imperceptible to the naked eye) and becomes very porous. The electrical and molecular components change and produce an electrical charge. This enables it to absorb toxins from the pores. Toxins are drawn into the clay through electrical attraction and then bound to the clay molecules to be washed away.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
azr, you could try an aspirin mask! It would hardly cost anything!

Here's the recipe and how to do it:

"Homemade Skin Care Recipe: Aspirin Mask

submitted by Laura, Rome, Italy
Tip description / details:
First of all sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian! This is a tip I learnt from a friend of mine, the aspirin mask. As you may know aspirin is made of acetylsalycilic acid, which in a slightly different form (salycilic) is commonly used in anti-aging, pore cleansing creams. This mask will leave your skin glowing and will purify your pores. Using it once a week I assure you may keep the blackheads under control.

Ingredients:
2-4 aspirin pills (not wax coated) and lukewarm water

How to prepare:
You just need to crush with the back of a spoon 2-4 aspirin pills (it is important that they are nor covered by the wax layer they use sometimes in pills), after that you just need to add some lukewarm water.

How to use:
You need to apply this solution on your cleansed skin (better do it over the sink, because it may spill everywhere). Leave it dry for 5 minutes, then wet your face again with some lukewarm water and massage very lightly for a while (a very light mechanical scrub). Then rinse it off thoroughly. Afterwards you may apply a nourishing cream, but not too greasy, because it may interfere with the purifying effect of the salycilic acid.

Results (observed by submitter):
The first time I tried that the skin was a little red. After few minutes the skin was glowing and the texture was smooth and even (maybe also due to the mechanical scrubbing). Pores were visibly cleansed.

Costs involved:
around $3"
from Smart Skin Care - Intelligent Rejuvenation Through Science

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Have you tried just going to the spa and seeing if they will extract them for you its what i did and now my ones have gone for good!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I must of been lucky cause I dont know how long they take to re form but so far my ones have not come back, touch wood anyway!

·
Registered
18 Posts
A homemade desincrustation solution can be made and used as a masque up to 2 times a week. All you need is some baking soda and distilled water. Mix into a spreadable paste and apply to the skin. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes while you steam your face. This will soften the follicle and help liquify the oil, dirt, and debri (sebaceous filaments) making extraction easy. Use fingertip wrapped in damp cotton or tissue, NOT NAILS, to gently relieve the pores. Since the pores in the t-zone are larger and more abundant, keeping away those persistent blackheads can be quite challenging, but don't give up. Be sure to use only noncomedogenic products (most will state this on the label), so the pores do not clog as easily. Good luck.

Peace

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I must of been lucky cause I dont know how long they take to re form but so far my ones have not come back, touch wood anyway!
Yes, perhaps. But facials don't do anything to keep them from coming back so you'll have to keep up with your skin care products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts