Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a persistent rash that I can't seem to rid off on my skin...it pops up whenever I am stressed or don't sleep enough. I've been to the doctor's and applied Elomet cream, which seems to work - but the next time I get stressed or can't sleep the rash starts up again.

It takes the form of small bubbles and cracks on the skin. When the cream does work, it takes a really long time (weeks) for the rash to reduce, but when it starts up again, it springs up in a matter of days...I really don't want to have to keep on going through tubes of cream like this, and sometimes I can't find the time to apply it regularly either.

The doctor tells me not to get stressed so the rash won't appear, but although prevention is better than cure, that's a somewhat tall order, especially when work piles up.

Can anyone help with possible solutions? I think that it may be due to the very dry nature of my skin...perhaps moisturizers may help? I'm at my wit's end regarding this and I don't want to keep on going back to the doctor's if I can help it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi, my layman's diagnosis will be maybe you have keratosis pilaris, it's a benign rash like looking skin condition that appears in several parts on your body, it's associated to vitamin a deficiency. If this is what you have, there is no cure for it but there are several things you can do to keep it under control. There are resources out there on the web and several studies have been done on KP. My advice to you is to see a dermatologist first and not just your regular everyday primary MD and then you can go from there. I have KP but i manage it very well that you hardly ever notice. Its exercebated by cold, heat, stress, lack of vitamins etc. Let us know what your dermatologist says

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey Pokerguy,
Sista eczema sufferer here

If the "rash" is localized to your hands &/or feet, you may have dishydrotic eczema or pomphylox.
as Teacher & fawnie suggested.

You can Google it for tons of current info. Eczema has many varieties - they all suck!

Give us more info., & we'll try to help you manage your condition

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, thanks for all the replies! Yeah, after giving all that information I completely forgot to say where the rash was located..it occurs around the knuckles and sides of my fingers on my hand, taking the shape of small, dry bumps. They don't itch or bleed though.

By looking at the pictures provided in one of the links it looks a LITTLE similar to dermatitis but the bumps aren't red and are drier.

I think looking for a dermatologist might be a good idea - I wonder why I didn't think of it sooner?

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts