Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to know if anyone has used this. The kit was given to me as a gift. I started using Philosophy products about a year ago and have been raving about it to a friend. This friend gave me a gift card to Sephora (YEAH
) and this kit Philosophy Microdelivery Peel. Had a day off of work so I decided to try it.

I have to admit that this really truly perked up my skin. My face has a glow to it...something that I haven't seen or felt in a while. My skin is smoother, my pores are less noticeable and it has lightened some of my small brown sports near my jaw.

It's a two step process... one product is vitamic C crystals that I gently massaged over my face then added the activator which warmed up my face and turned the mask into a foam. Will definitely use this again.

Have been wanting to do a glycolic peel for sometime now but since I don't have any down time to wait for the peeling and new skin to grow as I work full time, this is a great alternative product for me. Would like to know if anyone else had any good results from it.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yes I have used that exact product before. It was as close as I could get to having a peel after taking Accutane. It did leave my skin very soft and smooth.

A glycolic peel doesn't always give you the results where you need down time. You can still go on about your daily buisness, work, etc. TCA peels are what cause the down time. Even with those, I have known people to still go to work, etc.

Don't be afraid to do a peel because of the down time. The results are SO worth it, in my opinion.

But if you are afraid, stick with the Philosophy, it works well too.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Have been wanting to do a glycolic peel for sometime now but since I don't have any down time to wait for the peeling and new skin to grow as I work full time, this is a great alternative product for me. Would like to know if anyone else had any good results from it.
I have done Glycolic 30% and I did not have to hide, my face was a bit red, but next day, it was OK. Probably higher % you will peel. what % did you get?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done Glycolic 30% and I did not have to hide, my face was a bit red, but next day, it was OK. Probably higher % you will peel. what % did you get?
I don't have any yet but have heard great things about glycolic 30%. Thought it would cause redness/peeling....will look into them.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've used the philosophy microdelivery peel and liked it too. I used to be an avid Philosophy user but have switched to other products. I don't know why. I still am using up some microdelivery wash that I really like too. I wasn't going to repurchast but I today I was thinking that maybe I would.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've used the philosophy microdelivery peel and liked it too. I used to be an avid Philosophy user but have switched to other products. I don't know why. I still am using up some microdelivery wash that I really like too. I wasn't going to repurchast but I today I was thinking that maybe I would.
Hi Oranges,

I keep trying different Philosophy products and find that I like most of them too.
love love love the microdelivery peel. Works really well. My skin feels and looks great.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
[quote from Sephora.com]
INGREDIENTS\t\t \t \t \t
The Microdelivery Peel:
Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate.

Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
Part (a) baking soda, vit c crystals (two types of C),
Part (b) lactic acid and water
What could be easier??? I bet one of you clever DIYers could duplicate this!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote from Sephora.com]
INGREDIENTS\t\t \t \t \t
The Microdelivery Peel:
Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate.

Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.Quote: Originally Posted by

Part (a) baking soda, vit c crystals (two types of C),
Part (b) lactic acid and water
What could be easier??? I bet one of you clever DIYers could duplicate this!!

OOH.....that would be great...and so much cheaper!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts