Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, what is a recommended product for pimple scars on your back (main near the back shoulders). I don't purpose scratch or pick at them, but the scars seem to stay for a really long time. I usually wash the area with body wash when I shower.

If someone could recommend a specific brand, product, and type, that would be great.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Go Ask Alice!: ''Backne'' (Acne on my back)

and here's one guy's solution from acne.org

". I found Japanese rice wine vinegar in the supermarket and began applying it at nighttime (not the most pleasant smell but I have a very understanding girlfriend ), after a while I added tea-tree oil which seemed to help the exfoliating process.

The results have been amazing, not only has the hyperpigmentation effectively gone (in two months of using the product) but I also no longer get cystic or red spots. I have no idea how this works but I'm not questioning it.

I can highly recommend using the product (I personally dont dilute it at all but I have extremely oily skin so I wouldn't recommend this to all people)."

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

I recommend Bio Oil. When you put it on - massage the area for a little while and this will help.
You should treat scars immediately they occur. To help prevent spots occuring, you can exfoliate the back area by means of body-brushing every day. This will remove the dead skin cells.

Warmest regards,

Redrose

·
Registered
412 Posts
make sure to stay out of the sun because the marks will come back, get darker and take longer to fade! SUNSCREEN!! Have you tried a glycolic or AHA body wash? Mario badescu has a yummy citrus body wash.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello there,

You don't say if you have spots on your back. If you do you can exfoliate by body-brushing before you shower and you could use a toner afterwards.

For the scars I suggest 'Bio-Oil',

Warmest regards,

redrose

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, thanks for the suggestions and ill definitely take a look at bio-oil. However, are there any products that I can get from the local supermarket like brands like Clearasil, Nuetrogena, etc? Would the washes with the "scrubbing beads" work?

As for the spots, I wouldn't technically call them spots like freckles, but more like spots like where old pimples and bumps used to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts