Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help 2 understand why my pimples turn into a dark coloured knot, some what like a mole. i usually dont get pimple too often.. but when i do.. it always turns into that dark raised bump i have mentioned. so i have these bumps on my thighs, neck.. shoulders and now on my chin
i have attached pics of these bumps.. plizzz helpppp!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bet it is hormones at least for me. i came to this conclusion my self and stopped taking my birth control. We'll see; I'll keeep you updated. Good Luck Ahmadf

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
i need help 2 understand why my pimples turn into a dark coloured knot, some what like a mole. i usually dont get pimple too often.. but when i do.. it always turns into that dark raised bump i have mentioned. so i have these bumps on my thighs, neck.. shoulders and now on my chin
Some ppl have had success with treating the discolored bumps with BHA (salicylic acid) products. Good luck!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,762 Posts
Can you pop these pimples? Or do they just come to the surface and stay? If they stay and you can't pop them, it sounds like cystic acne. Which is painful and can leave horrible scars.

What products are you using? And for how long have you had these pimples?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, these so called "pimples" are small cysts under the skin. They not only fill with nasty white or yellow gunk,but also with blood. That is what is causing the discoloration. If you are getting them all over, that is the first clue that they are not regular pimples. I have taken my son to the Dr for the same thing and there is really nothing you can do about them. Some ppl just get them. The best thing you can do is either draw out the infection in the pore, (there is always a small hole in them that is VERY hard to see) A warm wet teabag works well for this. once you draw the substance to the top they break on their own. It is gross and nasty,however, that one will likely never fill up again. Or you can simply wait for it to run its' course and absorb back into your body. Breaking it IS quite painful if it gets too large,but is actually the best way to go. My son has had some as big around as a nickel. They go down into the skin quite far so they have a lot of poison in them.
Just remember that if you do choose to remove them yourself, Always draw the infection to the top first, either with a tea bag, or some other drawing salve. This will open the hole that is there and then all you do is put one finger on each side of it and press down. (DO NOT SQUEEZE IT) It doesn't work any better, it is more painful and it may leave a bruise from the hard squeezing.
Trust me, we have been dealing with these things for years with my one son.
Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts