Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first of all I didn't want to put this in the eczema forum, so I figured general would be ok...

I'm 18, and have had mild to moderate eczema since I was about 10. It has never been anywhere but the inside of my arms, and it's usually never bad enough to do anything about besides some hand cream. Recently, it got pretty bad this winter and I got a prescription for Mometasone Furoate (0.1%), which I believe I had when i was 13 or 14. That cleared it up, but as it always does it leaves the skin a little lighter and a weird texture for a while.

I just went to a music festival in Tennessee, and was out in the blazing sun for four days straight without changing clothes or washing more than once a day (we were camping, sort of hard to). When I get back, I notice severe blotchy spots on my face and neck, as well as my inner arms where the eczema is/was...

I got really tan and it was the first time really in the sun for a prolonged period of time, so the blotches on my face and neck have since dissapeared, as the rest of my skin has peeled around them (sunburn or really tan or whatever), but the white blotches on my inner arm are still there. I would normally say it was just eczema since it's the exact location, but there isn't the dry bumpy rough scaly parts with eczema. Nevertheless, I tried some of the mometasone cream and nothing really happened, I guess it just took away some eczema if there was any. Now its just smooth skin with blotches, leading me to think that it is Tenia Versicolor. plus i was hot and sweaty for the few days which is what they say leads to it... SO, i went out bought some Selsun Blue which I heard works the other day, started trying that.

Then I read about Pitryriasis Alba, which fits the description too.. They both look almost exactly the same and I don't know what do do about it. I keep using the mometasone in case it's the pitryiasis alba, but that just lightens the blotchy parts even more, and i keep using the selsun blue in case its tenira versicolor, but i have seen zero improvement from either really.. any ideass? thanks

Looks just like this in the same spot, execpt i'm a little tanner so its more noticable

I cant post images I guess.. but it is here from an article on pitryiasis alba (visualdxhealth com):
visualdxhealth.com/images/dx/webInfant/pityriasisAlba_53804_lg.jpg

it seems that that is for younger children, i'm only 18 and do hve eczema so i'm starting to think it is that rather than tenira versicolor...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also I should add that I'm an idiot and bought 1% selsun blue.. and that i use a combination of nelson's calendula cream and some regular natures' gate hand cream to keep my eczema in check when i'mnot using mometasone cream (it clears up after a night of using the prescription...)

also, maybe i'm just peeling there first? because there is this one spot on my arm right under my wrist.. its the same color as my inner arm where the eczema or watever this is is... and its just peeling to this color like i got too tan...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This is great place to ask for advice about skin care and makeup, and to share ideas - but this condition that you are talking about is an infection thought to be caused by yeast. Folks on this board are either not qualified to give medical advice, and those that might be qualified really know better than to do so. You really need to see a doctor about this for a proper diagnosis and treatment. All the best to you.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This is great place to ask for advice about skin care and makeup, and to share ideas - but this condition that you are talking about is an infection thought to be caused by yeast. Folks on this board are either not qualified to give medical advice, and those that might be qualified really know better than to do so. You really need to see a doctor about this for a proper diagnosis and treatment. All the best to you.
Agree. To be on the safe side!

We're good but not THAT good!!!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts