Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using placenta collagen masks? I am interested in using some for my skin but have no idea if they are good or not.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Placenta from what? Human or bovine? I'm sure FDA wouldn't allow human placenta (any longer) to be used in cosmetics, but in other countries, who knows?

The collagen molecule is too large to pass into the skin, but it could hold moisture in as long as it is on the skin, says this article: (scroll down to bottom of page almost for explanation of "placenta")

FDA Consumer Reprint--Cosmetic Ingredients: Understanding the Puffery

I understand the reasoning though. People think that the hormones supposedly in the placenta should have a nourishing effect on the skin. Here is a discussion of that:

Dr Pickart, Human Placenta for Skin Care? - Topic Powered by Eve For Enterprise

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was in a strong cultural area one time in a store and there were alot of beauty products made with placenta.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the masks had this description:

The Tenderness Sheep Placenta Collagen Mask has this effect: Due to sheep placenta extract, the mask provides a strong lifting effect activating micro circulation and cell respiration, inducing collagen and elastin synthesis and strengthening cells. Vitamins E and C slow aging down. Hyaluronic acid is an excellent skin moisturizer protecting cellular structures from free radicals and maintaining immunity. Right proportion of herbal extracts softens and revitalizes reducing stress and irritation.

Components: Sheep placenta extract, collagen protein, hyaluronic acid, herbal extracts (Sage, Lavender), Vitamins E,C.

Really then can say anything they want so Im not too sure.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Sorry, I'm into natural products but this one would not be one for me - even if they were giving it away for free.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Sorry, I'm into natural products but this one would not be one for me - even if they were giving it away for free.
scratch this mask off my list of products to try!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to say I have been hooked on plazan placenta collagen products for a few years now.
All this about collagen molacules being to big to penetrate the skin , is old hack.
Low molecular collagen has been around for a few years now and plazan use it in most of there products , by the way pig placenta is the second best thing to human placenta , as thethe animals strucker is the closest to human ..
both of which are accepted by the FDA ..

read more on low molecular plazan here ..
Plazan Professional Skin Care Products - Low molecular Plazan

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have to say I have been hooked on plazan placenta collagen products for a few years now.
All this about collagen molacules being to big to penetrate the skin , is old hack.
Low molecular collagen has been around for a few years now and plazan use it in most of there products , by the way pig placenta is the second best thing to human placenta , as thethe animals strucker is the closest to human ..
both of which are accepted by the FDA ..

read more on low molecular plazan here ..
Plazan Professional Skin Care Products - Low molecular Plazan
Have you tried this product ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes ,I have been using it for more than 2 years
I love it , very reasonable prices
and after you have ordered a few times
they start to send you freedies

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do like the plazan collagen cream as it does a very good job at lifting and tightening .
Though they do have a new series called timeless , which I am thinking about ? ..

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Jennifer Lopez doesn't look that good, she looks like an average celebrity at her age.

I would guess her age around 35-38 to be honest, and if she said she was 41, I would just say she looks good but not miraculously. She's only 41.

Fran Drescher looks amazing. And she's 53!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, she does look good, but do you think she had a facelift? If you look closer, her skin on the face looks so much tighter comparing to her neck. This is a big give-away for those who have had a facelift.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
id take JLO over whoever that lady is any day! her face looks stuffed fuller than a tart in a cheap dress

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
She's a rape-cancer survivor, singer, dancer, comedian, actress, a political lobbyist, health advocate, she's Fran Drescher.

she also made the song, "EYE FOR AN EYE" in 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqzx...eature=related

She's most famous for being in the Nanny, but this was about 3-4 yrs ago so she must be 49-50 yrs old here.

YouTube - Living with Fran_A year of living with Fran. part 3

I wish I was hitting my 50s and getting a young man in his 20s.

and this was The Nanny (early 90s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBvxW8OUdCk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts