Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I'm pretty good with skin advice, but I can't seem to get an understanding on my combination skin.

My troubled areas:
- Forehead (small red dots that are slightly raised & dry skin.. looks more like irritation than acne)
- Nose area (blackheads & dry skin)
- Chin (deep, deep blackheads that I can't extract.. lots of redness)

Everywhere else is perfectly fine and clear. My skin isn't oily, in fact it's dry; I don't like using acne moisturizes on my nose and forehead because those are my worst areas for dry skin. My forehead flares up periodically but my nose and chin are a constant problem; especially my chin.

So far I use:
- Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub every second night.
- Neutrogena blackhead eraser once every 1-2 weeks
- Body Shop Vitamin E cream cleanser whenever I don't use biore
- Body Shop Seaweed Clay Mask once every 1-2 weeks (only on prone areas)
- Body Shop Honey & Oat mask every 1-2 weeks (everywhere)

Please help, it's driving me insane, especially my chin.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Try warming a wash cloth and placing it over your chin before you try and extract them. This might help clear them out.

If you have acne try not to use a scrub of any kind and if you must use one, make sure it is a gentle one, use it 1-2 times a week.

Have you tried using Biore blemish fighting cleanser? I think I would give this a try and lay off of the scrub for awhile to see how your skin reacts.
BiorÃa9Âae Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Forehead acne is usually a result of intestinal/hormonal imbalance. Try a colon cleanse or drink natural fiber powder supplements in the morning. You will greatly benefit from the salicylic acid 5% liquid exfoliator from skincarecentral.biz, it has a pH of 1.9 and is extremely effective at dissolving blackheads, it got rid of my nose blackheads and I have had them since puberty. Always rememeber, the key to getting rid of blackheads is exfoliating with salicylic acid at a VERY low pH of less than 3 or sometimes 2, most commercial products dont provide you with low pH salicylic acid, actually they are even worse because they are balanced with sodium hydroxide which is a base so its basically useless at attacking blackheads as they claim.

btw this is probably not as effective but I read on somewhere that selenium supplements are great for blackheads.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Forehead acne is usually a result of intestinal/hormonal imbalance. Try a colon cleanse or drink natural fiber powder supplements in the morning. You will greatly benefit from the salicylic acid 5% liquid exfoliator from skincarecentral.biz, it has a pH of 1.9 and is extremely effective at dissolving blackheads, it got rid of my nose blackheads and I have had them since puberty. Always rememeber, the key to getting rid of blackheads is exfoliating with salicylic acid at a VERY low pH of less than 3 or sometimes 2, most commercial products dont provide you with low pH salicylic acid, actually they are even worse because they are balanced with sodium hydroxide which is a base so its basically useless at attacking blackheads as they claim.

btw this is probably not as effective but I read on somewhere that selenium supplements are great for blackheads.
Have you ever tried the Wheat germ oil cleanser from skincarecentral? If so what did you think?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I just took a look at the description of the Wheat Germ Oil cleanser, I would not purchase it and I wouldnt want you to either because it has a pH of 7.5, more than tap water and is towards the basic end of the pH spectrum so it wont clean your skin, rather it will add more clogged pores with prolonged use to the skin. For cleansers, I always stick with less than pH of 4 and soap free (this one has soap). I wonder why they would put up a cleanser like that on their website if they claim to have researched, quality products. Maybe its good at breaking down sunscreeen because its an oil?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
nope, I only purchase the salicylic exfoliator and the avene sunscreen for the summer, but tell me about the wheat germ oil cleanser, what benefits does it have?
Haven't tried it yet, just keep looking at it- I am happy with mine, I just like to window shop-

Since you mentioned skincarecentral I thought I would ask.

Tell me about the salicylic exfoliator. What do you like about it? And how often do you use it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, thanks all for the really informative replies.

I was using an exfoliator because I thought that's what you use for blackheads, but I will try out that Biore Cleanser, thanks! I live in Canada though, so I don't think I can get that since I checked the canadian website and didn't find it. If possible, I'd prefer buying in a store over online, but would biore ice cleanser for blemish prone skin work just as well? Sorry, I can't link because of my limited posts... worldwideweb.biore.ca/en/54.asp

I also have a bunch of products from PCA, I got samples from a store I went to. I never gave it a chance, but I'll make sure to try it.

Lighten: I'm not very good at taking my vitamins haha, so if I got that supplement I'd probably forget about it every morning.
But I will definitely try out that salicylic exfoliator, it sounds great.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Haha, thanks all for the really informative replies.

I was using an exfoliator because I thought that's what you use for blackheads, but I will try out that Biore Cleanser, thanks! I live in Canada though, so I don't think I can get that since I checked the canadian website and didn't find it. If possible, I'd prefer buying in a store over online, but would biore ice cleanser for blemish prone skin work just as well? Sorry, I can't link because of my limited posts... worldwideweb.biore.ca/en/54.asp

I also have a bunch of products from PCA, I got samples from a store I went to. I never gave it a chance, but I'll make sure to try it.

Lighten: I'm not very good at taking my vitamins haha, so if I got that supplement I'd probably forget about it every morning.
But I will definitely try out that salicylic exfoliator, it sounds great.
I am sure you can find Biore products in any drug store/pharmacy, or even a grocery store. They are sold in just about every store here in the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts